Re:Blue badge update

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 9. Apr 2014, 10:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all I thought I'd post to let you know whats been going on, I know many of you said appeal and I said I'd been told in writing I couldn't so was very undecided if writing in would even get looked at but something in the back of my head kept eating away at me so I googled Oxford blue badge failed application & appealing, and lo and behold I found on there web site it said I could, it also said I could fill in a compliment/complaint form, anyway I complained stating various issues with my assessment including my view under the Equality act 2010 I'd been severely discriminated against and miss informed about appealing, anyway it obviously hit home as today I got a call from the top bod saying the assessor had broken protocol and had also misinformed me by stating in writing I could not appeal, I've now been told my case is being reassessed and I've asked if I could also put more evidence in writing, again I'd e mailed them post assessment as I was highly concerned they'd missed a lot of info off and false reported most of what they'd put down which wasn't much, again they'd read my original e mail and again refusing me was also wrong!, so now I'm writing my appeal letter at long last also the assessor has be reprimanded for not following the rules, don't think it will work but its worth a shot at least, if I'd not looked on google she would have got away scot free the devious woman.
So thanks for all of you who advised me to do so, you set the ball rolling by doing so, so thanks everyone you all get A stars today!.

Mell :wink:

Comments

• mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good for you mell
    well worth the effort for appealing,fingers crossed for you and hope you
    win your appeal.
    it does seem to be harder to get BB now more than it was, think it might
    have something to do with PIP regulations ?..
    good luck and let us know how you get on..
    mike..
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Way to go Mell, to me it's a no brainer lets hope they don't keep you hanging on for a decision. Good luck will await the outcome............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Brilliant Mell, and good for you going for it, I honestly think you will get it...I feel it in my bones :) ..it just goes to show that you have to put up a fight...and you did...please let us know how you get on... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Good! :) I am pleased and I hope the proper outcome is achieved. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Well done Mell. You knew deep down you were not being fairly treated and thankfully they have listened.
    Good luck and hope you are successful.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm very pleased to hear this Mell, let's hope justice will be done at last.
    Good luck.
    Numpty
  • mellman01
    Options
    Cheers all, I was shocked to tell the truth but the woman was fairly decent which was a refreshing change, personally I hate arguing with people but I've found time and again people just do not get the severity of the OA pain let alone the flipping neuropathic pain, I should have got use to being kicked when I'm down but it was so one sided and unfair it really got to me, I felt the only way it could have been made worse would to have write liar in felt pen on my forehead, I also feel guilty about even applying but I did so out of desperation, I had to face facts that the OA's getting worse and i find I just don't go out much because of it and when I do distance and or time being mobile is an ever increasing issue now, I was also told recently by my GP that even if I have my knees replaced it could well make the neuropathic thing much worse so an OP isn't a good idea and so I should try and conserve what mobility I have and try and live with the pain, not much of a choice, the neurologist also told me the same in 2011 so it was due to this advice I applied in the first place as I noticed my mobility had been going down over the past 6-8 months, it would make such a difference if I had one as I could then at least reduce the wear on my knees and keep what little mobility I have from fading away to quickly.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm so pleased you thought to google about Oxford Blue Badge failed applications and appealing. 3 Cheers for Google!! Now you have the right people sorting it all and looking at your past application and assessment. You must have ruffled some feathers in the department there!! I'm so pleased you decided to go for it and fingers crossed you will at last get the Blue Badge you deserve!!
  • Docmartin
    Docmartin Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello Mell and well done,

I'm convinced these parking meter academy sycophants, enjoy exercising power against the needy.

Once having made the mistake their too focused by career development to correct their failure and you have to force them into it.

Determination and application eventually overcome most injustices. Did they have the decency to explain why they'd knocked you back?
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi BD I guess what I said made an impact, I was expecting to get the standard decree from on high but it was quite the opposite from what she said she knew all about my application and my e mails to the team so she'd done her homework, ironically I said I thought there's no way I'll ever get a badge but if my letter makes a difference for others later on then it will not have been for nothing, I do get a bee under me bonnet especially where it concerns injustice, I'd read several letters of complaint in the local paper (on line) from others who were far more deserving than me who'd had refusals and I wondered if the same person had dealt with them, if so it wasn't acceptable to do nothing so then I googled appeal and bingo I found the truth that I could so this gave me just cause so I wrote in, they way I see it is if enough people complained then maybe they will see a pattern forming and do something, if no one did then the injustice would simply continue.
    And I agree with you docmartin I'm sure some get a buzz from being so powerful but that said its indefensible to act with a total lack of empathy, anyone can hide behind the rules & those that do generally do so for a power kick, the decent and free thinking human being will normally use a balanced judgement and work with a modest amount of compassion when assessing someone less fortunate than themselves, Rules aren't there to be broken so much as interpreted and applied fairly to all circumstances.They should in effect be malleable rather than fixed and unmoving.