Pain clinic again later

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 11. Apr 2014, 07:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI
I am off to the Pain clinic again later today. Mr NB is driving me there, as it is not at my local hospital and he does not want me to try to drive a long journey.
It is for another medication review. I am still having a lot of pain in my left hip and pelvis , post dislocation, with pain in my knee too. I was advised to up my meds to Tramadol last time, and have tried to reduce them this week , but needed to up them again yesterday as I was suffering a lot and thought "no more!" My back is really sore and stiff too, but this responds quite well to heat, so I have heat pads to stick on.
It`s a lovely sunny day here 8) I hope everyone is getting a bit of sun too, all good for out Vit D levels!!
NB

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi NB, Hope the pain clinic can help with your different pain as it sounds like your really suffering at the moment. Hope it's a good appointment for you.
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    Options
    Hi NB,

Good luck for today and I hope everything goes well at the pain clinic.

It is such a lovely day, I was sat out in the garden this morning watching the dog sunbathing :lol:

Sarah x
  • Francie7532
    Francie7532 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Pain management is the hardest thing to treat for a doctor. Living with chronic pain is the hardest thing for the patient. I am sorry you are suffering so much. Keep at it with your doctor. Remember, squeaky wheel gets the grease, if you don't complain, nothing will get done. They should be able to find the right combination for you to enjoy life a bit more. Have you tried any natural remedies? How about yoga or meditation for pain management? They do help some people. Good Luck!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello NB...I hope the appointment went well for you, and they could offer some help..I had a phone call today offering me an appointment for Tuesday next week its only a month late :roll: ...please let us know how you get on xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Pain clinics - hmmmm, I haven't found mine to be any use whatsoever but I know that others have more positive experiences of them; I hope you were included in that number - did they help? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi NB
    How did the pain clinic go.........Any good?
    I didn't get any more pain killers[dullers] that worked but got a lot more information from them
    Love
    Hileena
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks everyone for your replies.
    I had my appointment, and came away not much wiser to be honest. I was given information about relaxation and mindfulness, which i have tried before. I found it ok, but not much help with my pain.
    I saw the nurse about my medication. We had changed my regime slightly at my last visit, swapping paracetamol and codeine phosphate for Tramadol, and we decided to keep this until i go back in 3 months. I asked about my appointment with the Consultant that I am waiting for re spinal injections. She looked on the computer and couldn`t find it :roll: but said she will ring bookings and chase it up as a matter of urgency! Well, we will see!!
    I am toying with the idea of a visit to the GP about my knees. Not sure if I can cope with starting another wheel in motion just yet. But the knees are getting more painful even waking me up at night despite lots of strategically placed pillows.
    Thanks again
    NB