Flexiseq Gel

Options
Doubleouch
Doubleouch Member Posts: 33
edited 12. Apr 2014, 13:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Evening Everyone
Just wondered if anyone has tried Flexiseq gel for OA?
Its not cheap at £17 a tube, but the reviews of it make it sound very effective.
x

Comments

• trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    the active part is devil's claw , & you can buy that gel for less than half the cost , you can also but a large Voltarol gel from the chemist for less than Flexiseq , or get it on prescription from your GP

personally would try different gels & see if you get on with one better than the others
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    i think a few OAers on here have tried it but then given up. Good 'reviews' can be quite easy to come by and the old adage still holds true - 'if it seems too good to be true it probably is'. I've chased a few rainbows in the dim and distant past but now I just listen to my GP. It's cheaper and just as effective.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Yes like SW says there a few people on here tried it one being kentishlady and she didn't think it was wroth the money ..if I remember it didn't do much at all...you could PM her...
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There's a subtle difference between OA and the auto-immune versions of arthritis but I reckon this holds true: if it worked for everyone then those with OA wouldn't be posting because this forum would be there only for the auto-immuners.

Whatever one does (and whatever one tries) there is a universal truth: nothing works as we would wish because any relief is temporary. If I wasn't so tired I would be twisting a Jane Austen quote to work but I am and therefore cannot. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Doubleouch
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    So glad I asked before I bought or should a say hubby bought, he had his debit card at the ready to place an order
    For a few moments I did dream of getting to the end of the rainbow,in terms
    of controlling this pain...
    Advertisers are very clever and they had me taken in ,when you are in pain you will try almost anything , oh well back to the tramadol and amitriptyline....
    Thankyou everyone for your comments
    x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    the active part is devil's claw , & you can buy that gel for less than half the cost

Hi be careful what you buy........I know devils claw has things in it that are contraindicated to tablets I take. Check with the pharmacist before buying if you are taking {I'm sure like the rest of us you are :wink: } other tablets.
    I take anti epileptic meds and have been told I cannot have devils claw.
    I've been stable for 30 something years and forget I have it but still take meds for it and I nearly bought it one time.

Love
    Hileena
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    I tried it but found it didn't have much effect on me. It is expensive too. Have tried lots of others and have found the only one that gives me slight relief is Pernaton which I buy online from Am...n. That might be worth trying. Hope it helps. Beryl.
  • Doubleouch
    Options
    Hi
    Just googled Devils Claw and there is a potential of interaction with Amitriptyline which I take...
    Thanks everyone again............fir all your valueable input
    x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I think we have all thought at one point or another that we have found the HOLY GRAIL. . Just more bunkum in the end :roll:
    I've tried all sorts through the years. Dog oil was one that was highly recommended by someone who claimed to have OA. I found out later they didn't. . Typical. Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry I forgot to mention pernaton.....I use that as well.....also buy it online.
    Tips from Kentishlady :lol:
    I find it helpful......its only temporary so as long as you don't expect the pain to disappear it should help
    It eases my pain on a temp basis.....and believe me I have got OA :lol:
    Just had my 2nd hip replacement

Love
    Hileena