Arthritis Analogies

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 14. Apr 2014, 05:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
As the last of the cimzia leaves my body, my RA has started flaring. I was trying to think of an analogy to explain it and this came to me; my arthritis is like a stubborn toddler. Those of you have seen a toddler throw a tantrum will know there is little reasoning with him while he is in the raging state. The toddler will throw himself on the floor and refuse to move. My joints throw the most almighty tantrums "noooo I don't want to walk anywhere". "I want my codeine and I want it NOW, no I cannot wait till you put your shoes on, NOW!"

Can I put my arthritis in time out? :lol:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Nice one, Sophie :lol: I hope you can get control of your inner 'toddler' asap. Time out? Oooh yes PLEASE. Isn't it supposed to be one minute's time out for every year of their life? In which case I can have close to an hour at a time :o bring it on :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I appreciate the idea (and can envisage arthritis as an unreasoning toddler) but, thanks to my currently being somewhat discontented with 'life', I regard my PsA and OA as out-and-out raving sociopaths. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Sorry to hear your arthritises (not sure of the plural!) is being such a pain in the well, everywhere...!
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I have to agree with you stardust, I've always said my pain is like a naughty child and sometimes I talk to a joint and say 'now don't you go thinking of giving me any pain today!!'. It's funny the way we do that. Next time a joint gives me some jip I'll threaten to put it on the naughty step!!! :lol: