UPDATE ON DEXA SCAN

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 23. Apr 2014, 05:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
:wink: Hi
Had to go for my DEXA scan today......this is the third appointment :shock: the other two were cancelled because the machine was broken.
Got there today.......54 miles return :shock:
Guess what??????????? Cancellation.....the machine was broken again :roll:
The other two appointments they managed to get in touch with me to cancel them but this one {much longer away than the other 2} they didn't get me.
Am I supposed to wait in expecting them to ring to cancel it :?
Peter took me to my Zumba class this morning then we decided to go to a Market town close by the hospital. It was a lovely sunny day and we had a good time ....until we got to the hospital :x
I complained and said I wanted some reimbursement :wink:
OK....I'll ring the manager and you'll possibly get your parking fee back :shock:
I said........Not a chance!!!! I want my petrol money back....I have a blue badge so parking is free. :wink:
I went to the cash office where they handed out £18. 37p not bad....helped towards the cost of the rest of the day :lol:
Hopefully the next appointment {4th one} will be closer :)
Love
Hileena

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hileena I will say what I have said in my pm, I am flipping fuming for you, I just cant understand how they expect to get away with saying the machine is broken, I think something else is going on ... :roll:
    How awful for your hubby to drive all that way and you having to do it , bet you are sore...
    I'm so glad you have complained and at least got some money back...next they had better do it or else we will all come round...
    Hope you have your feet up... :) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Thanks for the support :wink:
    Will you {and others} come round and "duff them up" if it happens again :lol:
    I'm not sore but I will be tomorrow after that zumba session....its more than 3 months since I've been because of the THR etc
    We had a good day out anyway.....beautiful weather.

Love
    Hileena
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    So sorry to hear that you still haven`t had your scan!! If it was broken again, there must have been time to ring you. I bet they have your mobile number too so no excuse really. Good for you getting your petrol money.
    Let me know when you want me to send the heavy mob round!! :lol:
    NB
  • hileena111
    Options
    :lol::lol: {NB}

We were out from 10am until the appointment at 4pm so they couldn't get us. As for the mobile......forgot to turn it on :oops:
    So that bit was my fault........going out for they day beforehand wasn't our fault......I'm not sitting in waiting for them to cancel the appointment for the 3rd time :roll:

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hileena, I can believe they could do that because it happened to me in January, turned up for appointment, didn't you get the letter saying the clinic had been cancelled? No and several hadn't as well!! It's not fun travelling 45mins to be told to go home!! I'm glad you got compensated for your expenses a lot of hospitals wouldn't!! Lets hope 4th x lucky hey!! :roll:
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    I have never asked for compensation before but this time because it was the 3rd cancellation I was mad and decided to ask
    and got it!!!! :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Good on you Hileena well done for asking, that's what's wrong with us we don't ask enough............go Hileena.............let's hope it will be fourth time lucky.................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That's shocking but next time remember to turn on the mobile because then they won't need to get hold of you; it's a brolly problem, yes? Don't take the brolly and it rains, do take it and it won't. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,931
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    i'm so sorry it happened again.good luck for next time.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    ANOTHER UPDATE
    I've got my FOURTH appointment for this DEXA scan......its at the end of this month.....too early to remember the exact date :oops: Sorry!!!!! Its a slight closer hospital....about 40 miles return {rather than 54} :shock:
    Once again we will be out that day before the appointment so I better make sure they have one of our mobiles numbers :x
    I have another appointment at a different hospital earlier. :(
    What did I do with my time before all these appointments :lol:
    Did something enjoyable maybe :lol:
    Got a call from the GP asking about it......she was so surprised :o that I still hadn't had it.....so meantime I'm on Vitamin D {We will have to work round it until we get the results of the DEXA scan} RESULTS!!!!!! what about the scan...never mind the results ....that comes first :lol:
    Fourth time lucky maybe!!!
    Love
    Hikleena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good Luck Hileena...hopefully this is the one.. :| I wont say anymore in case I jinx it... :o xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Wow.....that really is shocking, the machine they are using must be passed its days if it keeps breaking down at such a regular interval

I hope thee next one goes without any hiccups!
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    What a time you are having Hileena to get this dexa scan sorted.

You sure have a long trip to hospitals.

I had one at the beginning of the year and considering I have OA and RA and have been on steroids for many years (not at the mo) and have had 3 joint replacements, oh and coming up 70 in a couple of months, I expected the worst but surprise surprise, my GP phoned and said for my age and 'ailments' it was remarkably good, so you never know, might turn out really well for you too.Fingers crossed.

AND, hopefully this one will go ahead without any hitches.
    Kath
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Let's hope this one goes ahead as scheduled, yes? It's something I take for granted, the fact that any treatment I need usually happens within a five mile radius of the house; I wonder if that is because my hospital is a teaching one? DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Well in the length of time I've had OA and kypho scoliosis I've never had a time like this :o
    OK the occasional appointment got cancelled but I think that happens to everyone at some time or other....cant remember who {its 7am :? } but an operation was cancelled....that would be so much worse.
    Hopefully this one will go ahead.
    Possibly its because its a teaching hospital DD but do you live in a more built up area? I know that you have a lot more disability shops around you as well :lol:
    I live in a little village.....12 miles to the hospital I normally go to {In Northumberland} I'm just over the border into Northumberland.....2 mins and I would be in Tyne and Wear but its the same distance to a hospital there {and a lot harder to get to}
    They don't have a DEXA machine so for that its a little bit further to the next hospital.....but that last one was ridiculous!!!!! :x
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh I see, yes I do live in an urban environment. Ipswich has one of the largest populations in East Anglia and we are now on the fringe of the town centre (a ten-minute gentle stroll through Christchurch Park sees Mr DD in the middle of town, it's a two-minute drive for me). I always liked the notion of living in a rural part of the world but, as things have deteriorated, I now prefer the convenience of a town and all that brings with it. DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    I wish we were closer to a town........saying that ....if driving it takes about 30 mins and about 15 mins to Metro centre.....about 30 mins to coast.
    Even if I was closer to our village it would help ...I could just stroll out and into it even if there aren't that many shops :lol: {Used to live practically in it} but now we have a massive hill before I even think of getting there...no way could I walk up that never mind the rest of it :lol: Thank goodness for cars :wink:
    Love
    Hileena