MRI Report.Now even more fed up!!!

Options
elsa56
elsa56 Member Posts: 98
edited 17. Apr 2014, 11:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
I went to see the surgeon who did my THR and he did another Xray.
The Xray showed that the hip was all in its correct place and everything was good. Except that the hip bone is rubbing on the inner scar tissue and that is what is causing some pain.. he said this will sort itself out.
Sureley if it is bieng aggrivated its going to stop it from healing properly!
He wants to see me in 3 months and said I should be walking without crutches by then.
My MRI scan has shown up Disc Bulge at L4/5 and Lumber facet joint Degeneration so now that matches my neck.
He said once my hip is sorted he will refer me to someone else to sort my back out :( yipee more prodding about.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes, I can well see why you're feeling fed up, Elsa. This thing is dragging on and it looks like bits of your back are joining in too.

It's very easy to think of all the right questions once an appointment is over, especially if it produced a surprise – or two. Your point about the scar tissue not healing if it is constantly being aggravated is a good one. However, I can see that it could also be something that would settle down, in time, of its own accord and much better to give it a chance than to open you up again. Although walking might be painful, you're unlikely to do any real damage to anything (other than soft tissue :roll: - by going for it.

I think, in your shoes, I'd be popping down for a chat with my GP. (S)he should have some experience of dealing with scar tissue and be able to answer your question.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Elsa I am sorry you are still in pain...this just doesn't make sense to me but Im not a surgeon.. :? I have a couple of bulging disc and so on, have you read your MRI report, I asked for a copy...very complex to say the least..hope the pain eases up very soon..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm with both Barbara and Sticky on this, sometimes what we can't see can cause us so much extra bother but things should settle in time. There is still healing and 'bedding in' to be done but it must be frustrating if your inner Spring lamb is wanting to spring. :(

Convalescence / healing / recuperation is a very individual thing and it seems unfair how some are soon back skateboarding, running marathons and dancing the night away whilst we're still settling back with a cuppa and a groan. Grrrrrr. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hi;

I'm no doc or physio and I don't know if it would be helpful in your case, but I developed scar tissue in an injured knee joint once and it was treated by a physiotherapist with laser treatments which broke up the scar tissue. Worked well, treatments were painless, and the pain and swelling gradually went away.

Best wishes.