That Feeling of Achievement

Options
Sarah01
Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
edited 26. Apr 2014, 12:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone

I hope you are all well on this lovely sunny day. Firstly, apologies for not being around this week. It's been non-stop, doctors, physio, MRI scan and meeting with HR.

Today I drove from my home to Manchester airport. A distance of just over 100 miles. I did this on my own and I'm pleased to report all went well and I'm in the hotel restaurant about to have dinner. The reason I am down here is to pick my husband up when he lands early tomorrow morning. He is home on leave for 26 days, it will be 10 weeks since he flew out to the Middle East where he works.

Hubby wanted to get a train home but I insisted on picking him up. The last time he saw me I was 4 weeks post op and in a lot of pain. I want him to see me stood in arrivals so he can see how far I have come.

I had no pain in the hip, just a few twinges in the knee. Hubby will take charge tomorrow and will be driving us home.

Sarah x

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done :D . The things we do for love(to quote an old record). Have a wonderful reunion and enjoy your time together.

Deb xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Well done,very mills and boon. Mig
  • 19smp59
    19smp59 Member Posts: 105
    Options
    Well done!

Suzanne x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Well done Sarah, enjoy your time with your husband.................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    That is fantastic Sarah....just looking back to a few weeks ago when you were so "down" that IS an achievement.
    Although when I read that you had driven 100 miles to pick hubby up I thought Oh no....100 miles with OH beside me....couldn't have that :lol::lol: but he is taking over on the way home.....that is great news...and to have him home as well.
    What an Easter present!!!

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well done :) and how lovely to have him home for a while. I hope you both enjoy the Easter break. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Sarah01
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)

Hubby lands in 90 mins and I'm sat in the hotel room chilling before I pick him up. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees me stood there with just one crutch. As some of you will know, today I am 14 weeks post op since my THR. My recovery has been slow due to problems with my knee since my op.

I talk to hubby every night he's away on Skype. I tell him about my progress but he will see for himself the difference from 10 weeks ago when I was doubled up in pain and could hardly walk. I will post later his reaction to seeing me.

Hileena I have sent you a PM.

Sarah x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sarah good for you ..that is some drive and I bet that hubby is so proud of you and so should you be...hope you have a love Easter together.. :) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Gosh Sarah, thats def an achievement, you should feel so proud of yourself.

100 miles, wow. On your own, double wow.

Enjoy the time with your hubby
    he will be equally proud.

Kath
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Hey, well done you! That's some achievement, Sarah, especially in view of all your post-op difficulties. Now have a great time together (while not overdoing things
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Hello Sarah
    you have done so well happy Easter to you both.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • krisbe
    krisbe Member Posts: 95
    Options
    Well done Sarah. How long have you been driving since your op? I am still not able to drive as my knee is still swollen 6 weeks post op, but hopefully I will be able to soon. Consultant appt in about a week! Take care.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Sarah good for you driving all the way to London, and have a great time with your OH. What time you have together must be very special.
  • Sarah01
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)

I hope everyone is having a lovely Easter :)

Hubby was over the moon with how much I have come on in the last 10 weeks since he was home last. He was very proud of me for driving to Manchester, he knew deep down that I could do it. He was so happy to see me looking better and being positive despite the knee. We chilled out when we got home and went for a walk today. He is home for 26 days before he goes back to the Middle East. I'm glad he is home to attend the surgeon's appointment with me on Friday.

Krisbe, I have been driving 2 weeks now, short journeys before the drive to Manchester.

Sarah x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    What a wonderful story. Well done and have a lovely time with your husband.
    Christine
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    Well done you! You have really come on so much over the past weeks and I bet your hubby is so proud of you!
    Enjoy your time together
    NB
  • Sarah01
    Options
    Thank you Christine and NB :)

Hubby is so proud of me and we have spent a wonderful week together, hence why I haven't been on here. It's great to have him home for a few weeks :)

Sarah x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Of course you've had no time to come on here and that's very good. You have your family together for a limited period and must make the most of it. Go for it :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    What did I say in my reply {pm} to you???
    I didn't expect and answer or to see you for a long time :lol:
    Of course you have more things to do at the moment....we'll still be about
    Love
    Hileena