Options
2»

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    i'm glad it was done at last. i was given my results straight after the scan i was told i you have it in your hips you have it everywhere.
    i wish you all the best with it.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    They won't 'put you on it' if you don't want to take it, Hileena. When my scan showed osteoporosis, about 8 monthss ago, my doc suggested AA but, after reading the leaflet, I realised it'd probably do me more harm than good as I have enough problems already in the oesophageal area :roll:

I just take my calcium and Vit D tablets twice a day and initiated a routine of daily step ups. My logic is that broken bones could be very painful but if I get any worse in the stomach/oesophagus area, the consequences would probably be worse. Aint life wonderful :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    She unofficially told me I had Osteoporosis :roll:
    I wont take AA again......The GP has already started me on Vit D for 8 weeks, then there is something on my repeat prescription that I've got to start after the 8 weeks.....Calcium of some sort...I know I don't have to take them yet so didn't order them....I have enough when I get my repeat prescription without ordering something I don't need for ages :lol: To be honest because it doesn't apply yet I haven't really looked at the full name of it...as you say aint life wonderful :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh poo. :( At least you know for sure now (but I reckon we all suspected it, yes?) You don't have to do the AA, instead up your calcium intake and sit in the sun whenever possible to soak up those lovely rays; it must appear every now and again in your neck of the woods, yes? :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    SUN!!!!!!! Whats that DD??? :lol:
    1st May and it is absolutely pouring down here.

Love
    Hileena