Return to work

Options
sheenakt
sheenakt Member Posts: 51
After an absence from the NHS of approx 4 months sick leave for Fibromyalgia, arthritis post spine surgery I have been back in the office today, its my first days of a month phased return. Unfortunately I have discovered a breast lump so Thursday I have to attend a 4 hour appt at hospital where I'll have a mammogram, ultrasound, aspiration and possibly a biopsy, bad timing or what but health must come first..........I'm sure my work colleagues are thinking whatever next??

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Never mind your colleagues, I'm thinking exactly the same thing; as if you haven't had enough to deal with up pops something else. I am pleased that you are getting this dealt with so promptly and please let us know the outcome. DD

PS Are you very tired after your first day back?
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm absolutely with DD, sheenakt. We do all seem to get periods in our lives when the problems just seem to be queueing up for us. I hope this lump proves to be harmless but it has to be sorted no matter how bad the timing. I did have breast cancer about 23 years ago. I had a mastectomy and chemo but it was one bit of me that was sorted permanently, unlike the arthritis :roll:

Please let us know how you go on. And take some of these with you on Thursday. (((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright