Hello me deer

Numptydumpty
Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
edited 2. May 2014, 03:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've just seen a Muntjac deer in my garden. It was absolutely beautiful!
It just stood, for what seemed like a long time, but was probably only fifteen to twenty seconds, looking right back at me. My Westie saw it too, and amazingly, it seemed to stun her into silence, I wish that happened more often :lol:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh how lovely :D

I'm not good on deer species but we, and a medium-sized one, all had narrow escapes when it shot out of some bushes in front of our car on a quiet Scottish road. It missed us / we missed it by seconds as it leapt straight over the road and into more bushes.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Gosh what a sight that must have been Numpty and in your back garden, at least the dogs gob was shut for while :lol: it reminds me of the time when I was visiting my uncle in Sweden he took us for a drive one day into the hills and we came across an elk majestically standing at the side of the road what a sight that was........................isn't nature wonderful xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Aaah yes, that's the difference between the Lincolnshire Fens and Sweden, Muntjac's and Elks :lol:
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Oh wonderful, my sister has them inspecting her garden in Cambridge and when she lived in Bath (our home town) Roedeer used to use her garden as a meeting place, I have a lovely picture of one eating the fallen apples.
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    My mum had Muntjac as regular visitors and I clearly remember seeing one wandering in the greenery between the Waitrose car park and the station in Beaconsfield (where mum lived, but not in the car park :wink: ). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben