Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Help us improve our website, chatbot and online community
We’d love your help to improve our digital services. It’s important to us that our website, chatbot and online community continue to support and provide information people with arthritis in the right way. We’re excited to be doing research to understand more about what’s working for you and what’s not so we can continue to improve what we’re doing.
You don’t need to be familiar with our digital services or a digital native to take part. The research will take one hour and will be run by a research consultancy SnapOut. Simply fill in the survey below to get involved. Together, we can continue to do more for people living with arthritis.

Fill in this survey to take part

R.I.P Bob Hoskins

rondettorondetto Posts: 2,404
edited 3. May 2014, 08:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
Bob Hoskins has died of Pnuemonia at the age of 71. Known all around the world for his many film and tv parts.
R.I.P Bob

Comments

• mike26mike26 Posts: 416
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Great actor ron
    RIP.
    mike.
  • tjt6768tjt6768 Posts: 12,170
    Fantastic actor indeed. I was embarrassed for him when he did that silly Roger rabbit thing. .
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    Unlike Tony I loved the silly Roger rabbit thing but Mona Lisa is my all-time favourite BH film. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • NumptydumptyNumptydumpty Posts: 6,494
    A very good actor.

It was "The Long Good Friday" for me.
    Also "The Singing Detective" brilliant!
    Numpty
  • NumptydumptyNumptydumpty Posts: 6,494
    :oops: not The Singing Detective, "Pennies From Heaven" :lol:
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 3,194
    Pennies from heaven for me too, must see if I can find it on netflix or something similar though knowing my luck I'll only find the film version. Maybe BBC might repeat it.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,774
    Bless him he was a great actor ..and I agree Roger rabbit wasn't a good move but he made up for it with all his other films..RIP
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadogbubbadog Posts: 5,852
    I loved Bob Hoskins, especially in How framed Roger Rabbit!! He could do comedy and serious films. Another great Actor gone. R.I.P Bob.
  • tjt6768tjt6768 Posts: 12,170
    Mona Lisa and Long Good Friday were his absolute best. Fantastic films.
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP