One of the grimmest nights for years.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 5. May 2014, 13:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just for today I have decided I have had enough of this arthritis malarkey and I am sulking in great style. The left hip was agony yesterday evening and all through the night but at least it balances the right hip; I am telling myself that I prefer balanced pain. Yeah, right.

For the want of two knees two hips were lost. And two ankles. :cry:

Dammit.

DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    And all for the want of a couple of TKR's!
    I hope the sulking helps, sometimes it just has to be done.
    ((((()))))
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    (((((())))))Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Sorry DD..wish I could help...((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Oh DD I'm so sorry!!

These stupid age restrictions are barbaric imho!! :( I think a person should be assessed on how bad the damage is but also the their quality of life.
    A life in constant, chronic pain (No matter how much of a good a spin you put on it :wink:) isn't easy.
    This delay is likely to bring work on your other joints, like ure poorly hips, forwards too, It's so shortsighted of ure health authority!! :(

(Oops, sorry if that was a bit rant-y or soap box-y. Some topics just really get my blood boiling :oops:)

I hope resting & some top up meds will ease pain.

Big ((((Hugs))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Gosh if I had known you were up through the night we could have had a good old sulk together :wink: lets hope a sulk, some rest and pain dullers will give a bit of relief. Thinking of you ......................Marie ((((())))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I'm sorry to read both hips were agony. My left hip is terrible, this effects the knee and my ankle is playing up all down the left side. I'm not sure I'd like it both sides.

I hope the pain eases soon.

Elizabethx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Hi DD;

Really wish I could help :cry: but, just wanted to send well-wishes and hoping you can take something strong pain-med-wise to get you through. I know you are determined to live with it but sometimes it is not necessary to suffer. ((()))

Anna
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    :( Sorry you had a grim one. Stupid stupid disease!

{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}.

Deb x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Hip pain at night is just the pits, no position is comfortable. I'm sorry it was a rough one for you. Hoping that today has been kinder to you.
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, everyone, I am pleased (not) to report that a rubbish day has indeed followed the rubbish night but I've managed to load, unload and drape four loads of washing, sort my food and wash up. I need a wife. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    A slightly better night last night but the cold is affecting the OA joints and my left upper humerus. Never mind the fun never ending, I'm still waiting for it to start. :wink: DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    This damn freezing weather at night is a pain in the a**e! Like you I'm (still) suffering left hip pain and it's started radiating down my left leg. I hate the night because I know it's going to be a long painful time! Don't you wish we could fast forward the night so you don't have to suffer!! (())'s to you and hope you get some relief soon.
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    DD,

I am sorry to hear this. Keep going and don't let this awful condition beat you! I know you will not give in.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • villier
    Glad to hear you had a slightly better night, lets hope you have an even better one tonight (((())))...................Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Here's hoping that today isn't to bad and that tonight is even better... ...(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Sending more ((((hugs))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • 19smp59
    19smp59 Member Posts: 105
    I have OA in both hips and sleeping is so difficult. The advice is don't sleep on the hip with arthritis in, bit difficult when it's in both! I can't lie on my back so some nights can be really difficult. At the moment I'm lucky in that my hip pain only bothers me at night but during the day they just get stiff if I sit for a long time but the pain is very manageable.

Hope you have some better nights ahead!

Suzanne x
  • villier
    Hope things have settled down a bit now DD and you have managed to enjoy some of the holiday weekend......................Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    They haven't settled much but I have had a pleasant bank holiday. Saturday he footied whilst I sulked a little more then I plastered on a smile whilst he cooked a curry, yesterday afternoon we went to the pub (which was doubling as a crèche :roll: ) and then he cooked a smashing joint of gammon. This morning we went into town and have just returned from a walk in the park. Every step hurt but no matter, that's not unusual. :) The sun is now hidden by clouds but we may sit out for a while, we'll see.

It's a matter of adjusting to the new low and I'm getting there. He is all for going to see someone but why? What for? :? Spot the healthy bloke! :lol: DD
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I'm sorry your joints remain so angry and unsettled. However, your weekend sounds nice with lots of delicious sounding food! It's making me hungry just reading about it.

Here's to hoping for a better week. x