Long wait for insoles

knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 5. May 2014, 11:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had impressions taken of both feet today at my local hospital and I've got to wait eight weeks for the insoles as they are made in America. Is this normal and surely there must be a company here in England who are capable of making such things.

Have a good Bank Holiday everyone.

Janet xx

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi,

I don't know anything on the topic, sorry.

Blimey, sending work that far afield does seem a bit extreme doesn't it :shock: Wen more people answer ul probably find that's quicker than most, it would be typical :wink:

Good luck, I do hope they're worth the wait :)

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I've had insoles made although not from America, as far as I know! They did take about 6 weeks or so though.

Sorry it's taking so long. Nearly 2 months is a long time when you're very uncomfortable. Did they suggest anything already made for temporary use if you're in a lot of pain and can't wait?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Mine were made in the UK but each pair took six weeks or so to arrive. They are costly things and I guess we're not the only people who need them; doesn't make it right though. :roll: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    When I got hard innersoles I waited 10 weeks for them but when I got soft innersoles, I only waited 3 weeks for them.

My feet seem to prefer soft innersoles better. When I had hard innersoles, I was forever up at the hospital as they were really painful to use. Since getting the soft innersoles, I haven't been back since.
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Oh well, it does seem then that they take a long time to make. I wasn't given an option of hard or soft insoles Sailrib, so I hope whatever I receive won't be too uncomfortable.

I was just puzzled why they were being made somewhere in America when we have many unemployed people and companies folding up in this country. And I would assume they must be costing more if they've got to send my impressions out and then ship the insoles back.

It seems that my right knee and foot are turning inwards after my RTHR three years ago and my surgeon now thinks I would benefit from insoles. Mind you, I've only been asking for three years whether I should have something in my shoes.

Janet xx
  • Lubs
    Lubs Member Posts: 155
    Insoles are great things but take getting used to. Mine are done within the month and last a year. It really depends on how long you spend on your feet. My feet ache if I do not wear the insoles in my shoes, which is a pain as you only get one pair, so I'm constantly taking them out and putting them in other shoes!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    As soon as I put my insoles in and stand up I can see my knee caps pointing forwards, but I can't say that they've helped relieve any pain (probably because too many other leg joints are now rubbish). No matter, I hope that when yours arrive they improve things for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lynnoot
    lynnoot Member Posts: 52
    I have insoles and had a new pair about 3 months ago. I don't think they came from America, but can't be sure. they took about 6 weeks.

The new ones are soft and stop me from having flat feet, but as others have said don't make any difference to the pain.