Second Time Lucky!!!

Tricia55
Tricia55 Member Posts: 4
edited 5. May 2014, 11:57 in Say Hello Archive
Hello,
I will give this another go, I seem to have pressed the wrong button and my post disappeared.

I have had R.A., for several years now, approx., 20 years.
At first I went down the route of taking all the medication that my doctor at the time gave me, whereby I suffered some horrendous side effects, at one point during all this I met someone who went on to become a very good friend, she also had R.A., she then went on to tell me that she didn't take conventional medication, I asked and she told me she used Homeopathy, I looked into it and decided to give it go, the homeopath was over 100 miles from where I stayed, I know I could probably have found one closer but I seemed to gel with this one and I think that is important, I only had to attend every 6/8 weeks so that wasn't too bad and I tended to make it an overnight thing. Sorry I'm rambling.
Anyway, I know homeopathy can be an emotive subject for some but for me it really did work, to a degree, and I came off all the conventional medication I had been taking, which was wonderful as no more side effects. Now to get to the present, I had to make a decision at one point whether to carry on with this or not due to costing etc. I was fine for a while as the homeopathy kept working, I eventually had to go back onto painkillers and now take Co-codamol 500/30, although now I am in so much pain it is so debilitating, I hate it, I have been told that acupuncture is good and wonder if anyone has tried it.
I think I should shut up now as I appear to have rambled.
Thank you for listening. :roll:
Tricia x :-)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope we can help with information and support. Before I knew what was wrong with me I tried acupuncture, homeopathy, physio, supplements and diet and got nowhere, but we are all different in what helps. I have psoriatic arthritis which in turn has led to osteo in a number of useful joints and fibromyalgia - life ain't easy but it's the only one I have so it's best just to get on with it, yes? :) The Living with Arthritis board on here is where we deal with meds, docs, treatments and offer support and encouragement to each other, the other boards are self-explanatory. I look forward to seeing your name here and there, and I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi Tricia

As it is OA I have I cannot really comment, I just want to welcome you on board, you have come to a great forum where everybody understands living with chronic pain. Lovely to meet you hope to see you around................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Tricia55
    Tricia55 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you DD & Marie for your welcoming comments.
    Tricia x :-)
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Tricia
    Why did you stop the homeopathy? Cost or distance or a mixture? I don't know where you live but there are a few {only a few} NHS homeopathic hospitals...might be worth checking out. :?
    I used to use homeopathy {Not on OA} but when the children were little.....all the illness's they get and I had a sore back {now and then} which responded to homeopathy....once I had got into the habit of de-caff coffee, the things I could and couldn't take. Then I moved house and still didn't have OA so stopped going. I keep telling myself to go back but haven't got round to it yet. :roll:
    As for acupuncture.....I haven't had the Chinese type but the NHS offered me some sessions......It depends what you mean by help. I had 1 session a week for 6 weeks to start with. I found that one session helped.....It lasted for about 5 of the 7 days.....not pain free but a lot less pain....to me that was result!!!! :wink: Then I had a couple of weeks break then another 6 weeks with the same result. I would have kept on going but they said because of funding {or lack of it} that was as much as they could do...Then last year it was offered again....I had just started and I got a date for a hip replacement so it was stopped. :?
    Physio....not had a lot and I think it depends on the physiotherapist.
    Sorry I've rambled
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hello Tricia
    and a warm welcome from me...I have OA at the min they are looking into it, so I wont be much help, but you will find the lovely people on hear so supportive and the information is priceless, I am a great believer in homeopathy up to a point, when you think many meds comes from natural sources...hope to see you poring more very soon...
    Love
    Barbara