Relaxation app

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 6. May 2014, 04:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm having more difficulty than usual sleeping ( I often had difficulties even before I had OA) I know it's partly due to stress as I'm finding hard to relax. I wondered if anyone could recommend an android app I could download to try as I'm now at the stage of worrying about sleeping before I even go to bed, and much as I'd love to treat it with alcohol that's not allowed.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    There was a recent thread about relaxation and meditation, I'll see if I can find it and bump it up, I think it was started by Stickywicket. I'm one of those who doesn't find these things helpful but what I used to do was this: my MP3 player and my favourite music - I would soon doze off. Now it's alphabet lists, all sorts of categories and self-imposed rules. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Thanks for that. I must admit I often have radio4 on at night to have something to focus on and do the whole list, counting etc thing as well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I found the thread and bumped it, it may be of interest to you. My aunt swears by the World Service! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben