I must be cursed!!!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 11. May 2014, 09:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yet another item of mine has packed up and this time my OH can't bring it back to life!! My Mobile decided to not work yesterday when I turned it on! At 1st my OH & I thought it was the network having trouble but when my OH turned his phone on (He has the same phone & is on the same network provider and has the same package!!) his worked fine. When he looked at my phone it said my network provider was O2 but I'm with Three so he tried to change it wouldn't go back and at one point it changed and said Network Provider was Vodaphone!! So after he had tried to fiddle with it for 2 hrs I rang Three's Customer Services, well what fun was that!! There call centre is in India and trying to have a conversation on a phone was a nightmare!! I had to keep asking the gentleman to repeat himself and we went through the same procedure my OH had tried 4 times! we went through the other thing my OH had tried 2 times by this time I had been on the phone to India for 2 hrs! So he kindly said he would call me back. Then we tried several other things which by that time I was at the end of my tether so was my OH and eventually he said it had to be a handset problem, which my OH & I had deduced after an hr of messing about! So we agreed we would try and reboot it to factory settings and see if that worked and he said he would call me tomorrow (today), after my OH rebooted it to factory settings it still wasn't working! It made me realise how much my Mobile was part of my life not having it working! :( Ho Hum got to go back to stone age and use my house phone for now!!! :roll:

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi bubba
    I sometime regret going to my android phone never had any trouble with the old handset...things move on but not always for the best, have you got security on your phone...it might just be a virus...hope you get it sorted very soon.
    Love
    Barbara
  • Bonnielinda
    Bonnielinda Member Posts: 37
    What a palava!!! You said it bubbadog, we don't realise how dependent we have become on our mobile. Was it a smartphone? They can be such fragile things and aren't built to last.

I used to be with 3 when it first came over and never had good experiences with them! Will you be able to get a new handset from them? If you are close to the end of your contract best go and get a new one with a different service provider.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Yes it is a smartphone, after speaking to Samsung they have said when it did it's 'upgrade' something went aerie there. I didn't damage the phone it looks like new! What they said is if it can't be fixed they will send me a brand new phone of the same model I have (Samsung Galaxy S3). I was hoping to change it to a different phone but I still have 6 months on my contract! I have never had a problem with the phone and I do love the Galaxy S3.
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Hi all.....
    I've just refreshed my contract with 02 and up-graded from an S3 to a Sony Z2, it wasn't due to be updated till october but I'm an impatient bunny!! My S3 started to be silly, dropping connections, not sending messages etc. the new one is the best I've ever had. If they are going to replace your phone, it might be best to wait for the 6 months and then upgrade or, if you have it insured that might be another option.

Good luck
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I know what you mean about them being part of your life, I had several phones fail on me over the years but now I have an i phone 4S and my contacts and other useful data is backed up on my i cloud account so all I have to do is log in and down load the lot if it ever happened again.