Back at A and E

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 6. May 2014, 15:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well I didn't get a phone call this morning from the hospital to give me an urgent orths appointment for tomorrow so I phoned my GP, he couldn't get through so told me to take myself up to A and E. He is concerned there could be a problem with my throat post surgery. Have a feeling it's going to be a long day!
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh bless...Slosh good on your GP for sending you there, this is awful how people are being being ignored..please let us know how you get on x
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry to hear this Slosh, it is good you have a GP that is on the ball, please let us know how you get on..............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh crikey, I guess the Bank Holiday could have had something to do with the delay? I hope you are seen sooner rather than later and that they can help. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Slosh
    Yes the bank holiday will have had something to do with it. :roll:
    I rang my surgery first thing this morning and normally you can get through more or less right away.....today it took ages and the doc usually does call backs at about 10am....it was 2pm before she got back to me :wink: Things have been chaotic she said
    Hope things work out OK
    Love
    Hileena
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    I am lucky to have a great GP, in fact both the ones I usually see are very good but the downside is you often have to wait up to two weeks to see them.
    Just got in. Saw an ENT doctor and had the delights of a camera down my nose!
    Good news is that my vocal chords and swallow are fine however he was concerned that as a result of the surgery there might be some damage to the muscles of my throat or to the soft tissue around the throat. He was not happy to leave it until my orths review in July and so is going to refer me to the head and neck clinic for further investigation. Hopefully that will be in a couple of weeks.
    Feel shattered and achy now but at least I was organised enough to take my meds with me so I could top up while I was there.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich