hello

Options
lily
lily Member Posts: 160
edited 13. May 2014, 07:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
good afternoon

Ive not been on for a long time as things have not been so good for me.

I fell down the stairs 2 months ago and did some damage to the ribs and chest wall so still trying to get better from that.

Have had to have a stage 2 complaint with my council as they kept saying I had no medical needs as surprise surprise they finally found my medical notes, they have finally admitted that I should not have been rehoused in this house as its not suitable for me and that the adaptations needed will cost too much, Pity they did not do anything a year ago...

Have them coming to see me a week today so shall see what they are going to do

Hope everyone is at least comfortable

Take care
lily x

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello ,Hope it goes well,please keep in touch so you can let us know how things go. Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Lily
    Gosh that must have really shook you up,this is s dread of mine with the stairs and so how careful you are these thing happen..I do hope the council help you find somewhere more suitable...at least they have admitted it wast here fault...good luck and let us know how you get on..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • lily
    Options
    Thank you for your kind replies

Stairs are my downfall so to speak, the only homes round here are in tower blocks or homes for the over 55"s which I wont accept and im also too young,i also have a 13 yo so that's a no no.

Up until Friday the council maintained I had no medical needs and that I had not submitted any but, that changed Friday afternoon when the person assigned to my complaint not only found the evidence but that someone had logged it on the computer last june, this being 5 months after I had been assessed by their own OT, luckily I keep all letters and was going to hand them in this week.

im still a bit shaken but ill survive

Take care
    Lily x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Lily, what an awful thing, I'm worried about stairs, I have fallen a couple of times and try (as the O.T told me to do) and only go once up Stairs and down a day, which is not so easy when your at home alone all day. I can believe the council messed up because my sister has also had trouble with our local council. It's disgusting that this goes on a lot, please let us know how you get on after next weeks meeting.
  • lily
    Options
    Good evening

A little update, had my local council officer on the phone late afternoon and her words were " lets make sure we get this right about a home this time"...Looks like a rocket has been put under them,right now they cant do enough for me.

She coming round on the 15th and is bringing with her details of adapted properties, ive told her that I wont be going into a tower block nor will I be accepting a flat, right now im in a semi-detached and I would prefer another like this, don't see why I should accept anything less, ive spent a lot on this property,was not even decorated and the garden was a mess,im slowly getting it to the way I want inside and out.

So a busy week for me next week, hopefully I will get a half decent home that allows me and my 13yo to settle at last

Take care
    Lily x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Have you considered a Bungalow? When I lived in council accommodation when I was younger where I lived was a mix of houses, flats and Bungalows. The Bungalows where very nice and well proportioned with small easy to care for gardens. I knew a lovely elderly couple and a disabled lady who lived in the Bungalows. So it was a mix of elderly & disabled who had the bungalows. So it maybe worth thinking about a bungalow as well if they have any available when she comes to see you. Lots to think about before the visit I expect. Glad it's getting sorted for you at last.
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi,

I'm sorry you had a scary fall b4 they found ure paperwork :( I'm glad they've found it now!! Having an adapted home will make ure life so much easier :D

My hubby had many falls so we ended up having a disability extension added to our 3 bedroom semi. It cost the council & housing association thousands, their own cock-ups, but it made such a difference to our lives!! I slept on the sofa for 5yrs with hubby in a hospital bed in the front room, to get that room back was a pleasure for the family too :) They aren't charging us bedroom tax even tho we only have one the four children living at home now & have promised to keep us here as long as financially possible!!

All the very best of luck & I hope they find a suitable property for you both very soon :D

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • lily
    Options
    Good afternoon

Bubbadog I did ask about a bungalow but they are only 1 bedroom where I live so unless I want to move out of this area that is a no no. To me that would have been ideal but I refuse to move out of my area, my 13 yo is settled into her high school and I feel its unfair to move her somewhere else esp since the bullying has now stopped and she is getting on really well where she is.

Debbie what a great result even if you did have to wait such a long time for it.

The OT has now just left and I have to have an adapted bathroom, a raised step at my front door and a few other bits and pieces, grab rails are a bane of my life just now as my hands swell up constantly so they are little use to me..The stairs I can cope with right now but in my own fashion lol, she did have a little laugh at how I get up and down but as we all know we adapt ourselves to our own situation.

Next hurdle is the Housing officer who is coming out Thursday to see me with suitable properties if I choose to move...The OT has given me her card and I have to give it to the Housing officer on Thursday and they can have a word with each other while im there,.She believes that its better to have the client there whilst she speaks to the officer as that way I can have an input at the same time..

Depending on what properties she has I will decide on Thursday if I will move or stay put.

Got to admit I like the area and the house is finally coming together now the way I want it

All in all a good result so far

Take care
    Lily x