PsA without the Ps - well until now

Options
Lubs
Lubs Member Posts: 155
edited 9. May 2014, 03:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

I've been diagnosed 8years ago with PsA, but without any signs or symptoms of psoriasis. I only showed changes in my nails. Anyway this past week I've found small red spots on my hands and a larger patch which is on my right elbow. They seem to be in clusters and very warm to touch. They feel itchy and no antihistamine has worked on them.

My husband keeps on saying it's not Ps, as he suffers from a form which has a layers of cells which flake off. Is he right? I know there are other forms, is this just an allergy to my anti-TNF treatment? Does anyone else suffer from these red spots? :cry:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have pustular psoriasis which appears on my palms and soles, plus patches of the raised stuff caused by skin being renewed too quickly. I think your best bet is your GP, if it is a kind of psoriasis he should be able to prescribe a more effective cream, and maybe refer you to a dermatologist. Alternatively it could be an allergic reaction to meds in which case you should contact your rheumatology department. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Lubs
    Lubs Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Hi DD

I've just returned from my GP the next available appointment is on the 16th. As for trying to get an emergency appointment for today, well that would have been a wait from 8.35 to after 11 am, and even then I'm only seeing the senior nurse. The nurse knows she can't prescribe for me without the senior doctor! It's just politics in the Doctors surgery and too many patients. I've been with this surgery for 38 years!

I've asked for a phone consultation, in the mean time I think I will call my rheumatology nurse and see what advice she can give me. Can you get singular spots? Because I have a few spread out on the back of my hand, they are red, raised, itchy and one or two are on the fingers. Also I think I have a spot on the palm side which is itching like crazy! I'm using loads of cream! With 0.05% steroid the pharmacist said! :?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I apologise for not replying earlier; having a rough patch myself at the moment and lacking stamina. I don't know enough about rashes to be able to say what's going on but my husband has an 'invisible' spot on his right hand which he scratches at like mad (it goes through phases) and occasionally I have to lend my elegant nails because they're sharper!

What about the pharmacist? They know their stuff and he may be able to shed some light on this, I know you have another week to wait before you see the GP but needs must. Don't over-cream either, this can aggravate matters rather than easing things (I speak from years of experience of rancid eczema). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben