home from London after a great few days

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 14. May 2014, 12:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi one n all.
we have just returned from a great few days away in London.
My friend who I have known since high school is a lighting engineer for itv and does a few different shows. My favourite one is Q.I
So on Tues we went to the studio to watch the first episode of season 12 being filmed, and yesterday we watched numbers 2 and 3.
it was a great experience and we got to go backstage and meet some of the celebs. Had free drinks (coke for me lol) in the green room and we were treated exceptionaly well by all the staff there...
I amin a great deal of pain now after what was a long two days and the drive home today but it was worth it...
I am in a happy state of pain :lol:

Obviously I cannot divulge much about the show other than to state the obvious, it was very funny and Quite Interesting :lol:

I need to try and sleep now as I am utterly exhausted....

I will add a photo tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.
:D
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh you lucky, lucky boy. I adore the programme, I have the books too and read them repeatedly because I can't remember many of the quirky facts they present. I wonder if we'll see you in an audience shot? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I'm glad you had a great time visiting London. It has been about 11 years since I visited London and I live in 'the burbs'. :oops:

I'm not sure about QI as I don't have the opportunity to watch very much Television so cannot really comment on the show.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Sounds good. Love Qi, I find that bad days after doing something good are easier to cope with emotionally than bad days for no apparent reason. Glad to hear you had a good time.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Glad you had a good time, rubbing shoulders with celebs you lucky guy! I'm sure you must think the pain your in now was worth it for the excellent time you had hey! We all have to suffer a little for a great time, that's Arther for you! You rest up and recharge your Duracell's!! Have a good weekend my friend.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope you are feeling a bit better now Tony and back down to earth after meeting all the celebs. I am afraid I have never seen Qi :oops: need to get out more :lol: looking forward to the pics......................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your holiday in London. (I shot off in the opposite direction last weekend.) Can't vote as I rarely watch it since Mr SW is welded to the remote. When I do watch I find it QI :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Options
    20140506_213614.jpg
    Thanks everyone.
    I'm still in agony :cry: and stuck in mi bed.

Sticky, you really need to put your foot down mi lady. Lol
    I think its going to be aired in October. I the first episode we are sat about six rows up on what would be the centre right. On the next two episodes we were right on the front row as my friend realised I was struggling with my knees being bent behind the seat in front of Mr. So he got us down to the front row centre more or less. . Bless him.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • villier
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are still in agony some Scottish (((()))).........................great pic, hope you feel a bit better soon...........Marie x
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Tony we should call you Mr gadabout.. :lol: my hubby loves QI..so I will show him you pic.. :D I love reading about your journeys,have you ever thought of writing a book...you carry on enjoying... :D after a little rest...take care x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thank you girls. :D

A book eh? I think with my lack of patience it would be more of a pamphlet :lol::lol:

We have a weekend away booked a week today. We are going to Stockton upon Tees. Mainly because we've never been and Lenny Henry's favourite hotel had a sale on :lol:
    We really like that part of the world anyway, and will no doubt find some small villages to wonder around etc.

Then on the 31st of this month we set off to Spain via coach for our yearly holiday to the north of the country.
    We are staying in Tossa de Mar once again. It takes around 27hrs by coach so it's a bit of a long haul but I manage with my pillows and diazapam. :D

Some of you already know that flying for us is not am option as Janet cannot fly due to the heart failure.
    Having said that, it's usually not dreadful. We try to make the journey party of the holiday and usually have quite a good laugh. My mum, aunty and our two friends are coming with us so I'm sure it'll be another lovely holiday.
    I'll have my 46th birthday on the 7th of June. Last year the lovely people in the restaurant opposite the hotel got me a cake and we had a little party. So I hope we do something similar this year.
    We have good friends in Blanes which is just down the coast so we shall be visiting them at least a couple of times. There is a lovely boat ride up and down from Tossa to Blanes and we usually travel on that.

Later in the year I believe we are going back to London to visit some more friends. And in August we have booked a weekend away near Knowsley. We are taking my two nephews to the safari park. Neither have ever been before and I don't think they've ever stayed in a hotel before so I'm sure they'll enjoy that.
    We have also booked a place up in Inveraray for a week. It looks stunning there and I'm certainly looking forward to that particular break.
    My mum keeps saying she thinks Janet has gypsy in her blood as she's forever booking trips away. Lol
    I think we are going somewhere else too but I've forgotten where :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    20140507_141401.jpg

down by the Thames. On the way to the studios on Wednesday. With the gorgeous St Paul's Cathedral in the background.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Coo Tony you look really clever sitting there ,have a great time away. Mig
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Looks can be very deceiving :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Mig :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • villier
    Options
    Tony, Inveraray and the surrounding countryside is lovely. If you have time try and get a sail up Loch Lomond the scenery is beautiful. I will keep my fingers crossed for good weather for that week. I hope you enjoy your stay........................Marie x

Nice pics
    day is full of Smiles
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks Marie.. Have to admit I really am looking forward to that break.
    Never really been to that part of Scotland and have wanted to for a long time.
    Hopefully there will be phone signal so I can post photos lol.
    Are you near that way then?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • villier
    Options
    Yes Tony I live next to Loch Lomond and Inveraray is about a 45 minute drive rom here, although, if I can get my flat sold I will be moving back to Ayrshire to be near family. As I said the scenery on the loch can be breath taking there is even a hotel on one of the islands and another island is inhabited by Wallaby's!!! I thought it was a wind up when I first moved to this area but it's not. The only downfall we have in Scotland is the weather but that week I will make sure the sunshine switch is on :wink: I am sure you will have a great time regarding what the weather will be like...............Marie x
    day is full of Smiles
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks Marie. I was hoping you would switch the sun on for us :wink:
    It sounds like an amazing place. And I'm sure once we've been we will return.

:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well get you, all Mr Cool on the Thames and in the QI hotseat. 8) Does your mate want to meet a top-heavy arthritic blonde from East Anglia? :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Lol.
    I'll put in a good word for ya :wink: 8)

it was better than I imagined it would be hun.
    I'm hoping he starts to do lighting for breach volleyball soon :? :D:D

Danni Minogue asked him out a few years ago. He was married at the time lol. .
    He would've gone there if not.. :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    We went to loch awe last year ,the scenery is awesome but I'm afraid phone signals and wifi is almost not available ,hope you have better luck with yours.

I am sorry to read about Toni ,hope she's not too bad. Mig
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks Mig. She's having the same trouble I had getting them to actually listen in the first place. First time she saw him he told her that she couldn't possibly have any form of arthritis as her bloods were clear :shock: :? Ermmmm.. I was diagnosed with sero negative inflammatory arthritis about two or three years before I had a positive factor.
    It's just rather irksome when they are so dismissive.
    He was much keener to listen yesterday though.
    I made sure I mentioned the sero negative thing.

Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    PS
    how can I possibly survive without phone or Internet signal :o:o :shock: :shock: :o:cry::cry: :roll: :cry::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP