Kenalog steroid injection

Options
Mormodook
Mormodook Member Posts: 130
edited 10. May 2014, 05:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all.....
I got a steroid injection in to the muscle (kenalog) yesterday. I was told that it would tide me over until I start on Enbrel at the end of the month. Anyway .... Does anyone know how many days it takes until it gives you as much effect as it is going to. I thought that I'd heard about 48 hrs . I was told it could last 3 months. Last time I got the jag it didnt have any real effect. This time I feel slightly better. Thanks peeps :)

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Its good that you are feeling the effect right away, at least you can get relief while you wait for your meds..sorry I cant advice but I hope it continues for you..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Mormodook
    Options
    Thanks Barbara .....slight help is better than none isn't it !
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Sorry, can't help, mormodook, as it's some time since I had one. I know reactions are varied and I'm just one of the lucky ones that they've always helped. How's things today?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Mormodook
    Options
    Hi sticky wicket , thanks .Nearly at 48 hrs ! Still the same ( But im not compaining !) A slight help but enough to notice My fingers have regained a little bit more movement . I took a before photo on my phone so I could see ! I now have to wait until the end May for Enbrel to start .Hopefully that will work. Hope you are well x