Hi from a newbie

Options
jul
jul Member Posts: 40
edited 12. May 2014, 16:17 in Say Hello Archive
So nice to find this site with so much support.
I was diagnosed with arthritis in my neck, narrowing discs and bony spurs C2-3 and arthritis in my knees. Have been off work since last week awaiting physio, as pain is worse and constant. My doctor said as my arthritis is mild, it is probably muscle spasm, referred me to physio and has increased my pain killers and prescribed Diazepam to help. No change yet. Has anyone else suffered with muscle spasms? Is this usual? :?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi jul and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry I can't be much help as, although my neck barely moves now, I've never had any disc problems or muscle spasms.

I think, if you post on the Living With Arthritis forum you'll get more replies and probably find some kindred souls :) Not many people look in on here.

I hope you get some answers.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I have cervical spondylosis in my neck at C5/6, 6/7 and at C7/T1 and recently had two prolapsed discs removed and a fusion at C5/6 and C6/7. I have a lot of pain as there is pressure on my spinal cord and nerves. I was on diazepam last year for two weeks to try to relax the muscles, whikevI had some physio as I was finding it too painful and it was great for pain relief and sleep but I was only allowed to be on it for 2 weeks as it's so addictive. Not sure if I had/have muscle spasms though as I'm not sure what they are.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • jul
    Options
    Hi Stickywicket and Slosh.
    Many thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear of your pains. It sounds awful. I will post on the page you recommended. Hopefully pain will ease soon. I am not really sure about the spasms either, but hope pain relief and physio helps. Thanks again.
    Take care
  • jul
    Options
    Many thanks for the replies and advice. I have posted on the living with arthritis page. Sorry to hear of your pain Slosh and hope it is more controlled now.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello jul
    And a warm welcome from me, I will go and have a look for you in LWA.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • jul
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Many thanks for the welcome. :D