Away Too Long

bubbles
bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
edited 13. May 2014, 17:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Sorry that i have been away for what seems like an eon of time. As you know we had two bereavement over Christmas and New year. Just getting our heads sorted out and doing our normal things.
Tuesday, went to see Mum, all in darkness, curtains and blinds shut tight. Went in, with what I can only describe as my whole life flash by in a second or two. Found her collapsed on her bed, in agony. I shouted OH said I had found mum, get the phone, "I want her gp here, like now" she did come, very quickly, next, ambulance. So it was off to hospital, mum had a massive bowel obstruction and had to undergo major surgery. As we all said, it is a huge op if you are generally fit, let alone over 80 and very frail.
She came through that ok and is slowly on the mend, just started to eat puddings and drinks. We are just shattered, lots of journeys too and fro, more walking than I can bear, but, you do it, because you have to and you bite your lip and swear at the pain. i could not go a day without going to the ward, I have to know what is going on and these nursing eyes are like a chameleon. The staff are all lovely, we know quite a few from dads many admissions in the past.
So, all in all we have had a week and then some, mum is on the mend and i am taking tramadol like sweets.. :shock:
I will try and have a read back, hope everyone is as ok as possible, leaving lots of hugs and take lots of care, xxxxxx bubbles
XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).

Comments

• marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Bubbles ,Very welcome back ,hope your Mum is still makeing good progress ,I am back today after weeks and weeks to ,and suddenly I feel brighter less lonely with friends its like coming home Marrianne ((()))
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Bubbles
    it's a good job you went to see your mum. i wish your mum a speedy recovery.
    you take care and look after yourself as well.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,095
    Hello bubbles, what a traumatic time on top of recent events.. all the journeys on top of the worry, you must be feeling frayed :( I hope things ease up now your mother is the other side of the op and glad to hear you're pleased with the staff and her care. Hope things continue steadily & you can rest up. All the best. xx

Marianne, lovely to see you too. :)
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Lovely to see you again matron. I truly sorry that you've had to go through so much crap lately and I hope things change for the better very soon.

Xxx
    YBH'S aplenty. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbles
    Thank you so much for your kind words, they mean a great deal, truly they do. Mum is improving, she was up and walking with the physio's today, eating a little and drinking, with a LOT of encouragement, drips are all out, matron is happy with the care :D there is no wool being pulled over these eyes. Next big review will be Friday.

We are both shattered, but keep going, we might take a day off this week and let my uncle do a visit, so we can do things that we need to do to keep the home and the cats ticking over.

I will pop into the cafe for an enormous bag of maltesers. xxxx take care everyone.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Sorry you've had such a tough time of it, bubbles. I hope your Mum has turned a corner now.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh bubbles we did ask about you in the cafe, Im so sorry you are having such a bad time on top of everything...it must have been awful finding your mum like that... I went through this but many years ago and I know the feeling..I will have everything crossed for your mums speedy recovery..and that you can get some rest in between visits...(((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbles
    thanks hun, you are very kind. I will try to make it into the cafe as often as I can, if I am not about, it does not mean I am not there in thought, I used to really enjoy the late night natterings that trish and I shared xx bubbles
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I have placed a MAHOOOOSIVE pack of maltesers in the cafe fridge for you matron.
    Xxx (((YBH'S)))
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    HELLO Bubbles good to have you back,can we share the maltesers . Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's good to see your name on here again but I am so sorry to read about your mum, how very difficult for all of you and especially her. I hope that her recovery continues in such a positive vein and that we soon see your name here and there around the boards. I wish you all well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbles
    Thank you so much Tony, mig and dd, I will head off and find them shortly. It is a testing time without a doubt, mum is ok, bit up and down today, staff are looking after her very well, with matron keeping an eye on everything :D