Fell off a chair....deserve a Darwin award.

Options
Boomer13
Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
edited 13. May 2014, 14:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Yesterday I used a chair to step up on to reach something, the chair leg failed and I fell hard on my shoulder and hip apparently. I don't recall the hip but it is very painful and stiff. Fortunately, I didn't stick my hand out to block my fall. My arm is all but useless today but I don't think I've broken anything. This is the last straw! Everything has to be placed within easy reach from now on. I was just starting to feel better after a nasty, drawn out flare. At least injury-pain is slightly different from flare pain.

I've put myself in the running for a Darwin :oops:

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Boomer, Boomer, Boomer, standing on a chair!!!!!
    I'm sorry you're now in pain, perhaps you should get your arm checked, it doesn't sound right :?
    You really should get some decent steps before you go climbing again. :wink:
    I hope your shoulder and hip settle down, and your arm.
    (((())))
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    (((((Anna)))))

Please get checked over huni. It sounds like a really nasty fall :(

Take very great care of ureself & get ure extra tall hubby to banish everything you may ever need from within his reach so it's within ures without climbing!!

More gentle ((((Hugs))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Boomer13
    Options
    Thank you Numpty and Debbie. It really was a stupid thing to do. I'm fed up with asking for help all the time.

OH is worse since his accident; he can't bend his back or one knee so things are migrating to his eye level even more frequently :shock: . I guess we'll have to get two of everything in the house :D
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Stupid? Probably, but it's something we've all done, at least, I know I have :oops:
    I can relate to not wanting to ask for help, but I'm slowly learning it's sometimes necessary, :? more's the pity :roll:
    I hope you haven't done too much damage, take it easy.
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    A chair? :shock: Oh Boomer, we've all done it, I've stood on chairs, desks, window sills, tops of walls but no longer. It's a hard way to learn a lesson but I guess you have now. :( We have a set of metal steps in the kitchen, I can climb onto the first rung (and on a good day the second :) ) so that may be an option for you. Mr DD uses them all the time because he is 'vertically challenged' and yes, all the kitchen kit is where I can reach it without climbing or kneeling.

There is nothing wrong with asking for help because it frees up more of our limited resources for what we want to do. I hope the arm sorts itself out soon - if it doesn't then go and get it seen to, we're so used to putting up with stuff sometimes we do so when we shouldn't. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Options
    Fortunately, mr B was there when I fell so that should make things a little more clear for him. Hopefully he will try harder and not just tune my requests as nagging.

Maybe something good will come of my tumble :wink:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Do not do it again,ok legs smacked. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    :roll: Steps? Oh Anna! No, no, no :shock:

I hope things aren't too bad though I suspect they will be. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry Anna just saw this, been in LALA land for a few days, hope you are ok now and a lesson learned etc............although, we have all done the same I am sure, take care let us know how you are doing (((())).............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles