Support please for HR meeting tomorrow

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 20. May 2014, 18:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI
Well the day is upon me! I have a physio appointment in the morning, then on to my HR meeting with my manager and union rep. I am planning to ask for copies of my Occ Health referral and report from last week. Also I am taking a list of my up coming appointment with physio, Pain Clinic and that i am due to see my Consultant again in 3 months.The Occ Health nurse said she would recommend they support me with appointments re time off. I will also point out that I am covered by DDA in view of anything they are going to recommend for my return . I am still a little upset that the referral from my manager to Occ Health was pointing to capability route, without discussing this with me first. The Occ health nurse did say she didn`t expect that i would be able to continue working in my role until my normal retirement age, and I agree. But want to give it a go now and see how things go.
I am not expecting much sleep tonight!
Think of me at 2pm!!
NB

Comments

• brandy192
    brandy192 Member Posts: 73
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Best of luck hope all goes well. Its gutting when you have your life planned out and then illness arrives. I am 55 and had planned to carry on working at my job until retirement. Unfortunately it beat me and I had to face facts that I couldnt carry on working. Think I pushed myself too far in the last few months of employment and upon reflection it wasnt worth the pain. Am having to accept a different way of life now but find my body copes better with doing things at its own pace. All the best for tomorrow.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I suspect it might be natural for a manager to worry more about the capability aspect of your role, especially after all that has been going on, but that doesn't help you. This must be another worrying time, NB, I don't know how to help but I will be in your pocket and please let us know how it goes. Good luck old girl! (as we say in this household). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    NB I will certainly be thinking about you tomorrow at 2..it is such a big day for you and I can understand your worries...this is a job you want to do and love doing..I will have everything crossed that they will see sense for the time being, and give you the help you need..good luck with everything...(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Good luck NB ,will be thinking of you. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Me too, NB. I hope it goes well :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Me too NB, hope all goes well xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Thinking of you, NB.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've been thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hope everything went okay as it could, sorry I wasn't round yesterday to be in your pocket. I'm still suffering from this stomach flu bug. :(
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    Thank you all for your support. Sorry I haven`t been back sooner but keep getting logged out of forum!
    I had my meeting. It was a long one. The occ health report was short and to the point, I am ok to return to work , with reasonable adjustments, and there started the problems! I had many lengthy meetings last year prior to returning after my RTHR, at which the reasonable adjustments were discussed and pondered.......and eventually after another assessment by a physio employed by occ health, a piece of equipment was sourced. Now this arrived a few weeks prior to my dislocation and was awaiting the OK from Moving and Handling. So it was looked at by my new manager, HR man, Union Man and all agreed it was not fit for purpose! AARRGGHH!!!!
    So we are back on the merry go round of what and who will find and approve the equipment, how long will this take, and what can I do in the meantime. My manager`s boss want me back and able to do all aspects of my role, but this may be a problem if the equipment is not there. But as my union man and everyone agreed , this is NOT my fault! So long boring story short, I am going back on a phased return next week, (to do what ? will be discussed next week) I am fully expecting a call to say the manager`s boss is not happy with this, but?? Not my fault.
    My colleagues were pleased to see me, and I am looking forward to working with them again, but am nervous all the same. And am worried about repeat dislocations, but need to get over this as I need to live my life.
    I am at a funeral tomorrow. Not looking forward to it, (not that you ever do) , it is my best friend`s Mum. But it puts things into perspective.
    Thanks for all your messages xx
    NB
  • jeanniep
    jeanniep Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi NB,
    Glad you are nearly back at work, hope the new equipment is sorted out for you soon.
    Sad to have to go a funeral, but as you say: it puts it in perspective.
    Take care.
    Jeanniep
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    N.B, Glad you are going back to work as it sounds like you enjoy your job, you have supportive work colleagues. Hopefully things will get sorted so you can do your job without any injury and the equipment you need will be sorted and get to you quickly this time round. The bosses will have to get the equipment through the different departments required quickly if they want you to be able to do your job safely. Good luck for next week, let us know how you get on. :)
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I hope next week goes well for you and the equipment can be sorted asap.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello NB what a shame it has ended up like this, honestly you would have though they would have been sorted now with whatever you need, but like you say they have to take into account your dislocation...I will be thinking about you and hope all goes to plan..sorry you have a funeral to go to...not a nice day for you...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    Options
    Hi NB,

I'm sorry I wasn't around when you posted this, hubby was home on leave and I was spending some quality time with him. So sorry to hear what's been happening with work.

I went back to work last week, I have to admit HR have been fantastic, probably because I had my union rep present at the meetings. They have done everything to make it more comfortable for me, a new chair and a footrest. I spent last week in the office and this week started back on doing some interview slots, so getting back into the swing of things. Unfortunately some of my work colleagues are not so supportive. I'm back on a phased return until the surgeon says otherwise due to the knee. Some are glad to see me back, others have totally ignored me. I don't care to be honest, I am just glad to be back at work and if they aren't happy then it's their problem. I am really pleased to hear that your colleagues were pleased to see you and you are looking forward to working with them again. I hope that they sort out the equipment you need and everything goes well :)

Take care and keep me posted

Sarah x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope all goes well for you NB and you get the required equipment that you need.........................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Good luck NB, I hope all goes well.
    Numpty