Most cathartic.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 18. May 2014, 06:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
After my crutches fell over for the third time this morning :x I seized one and hurled it like a javelin down the length of the kitchen. It made a satisfying noise as it landed (hitting one of the understairs cupboard doors) so I repeated the exercise. :) I then launched my kitchen walking stick and that landed very neatly and noisily on top of the other two.

They can flaming well stay there. Today I will mostly be doing without. : DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hope the moods worn off before hubby gets home ! Mig
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    A nice glass of wine wouldn't go amiss DD especially if the sunshine holds you won't need em. Sticks crutch eat feet up in the garden after lunch ,least that's my plan "...err we'll hopefully MArrianne
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I agree with Marrianne, a nice glass of wine or as the sun is out maybe a Pimms.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Technical hitch with that plan, girls. Been summoned for bloods so a day or three off all that makes life seem better is in order. Blasted arthritis, blasted meds, blasted joints, blasted everything.

I don't often get that grumpy but it's rough at the moment, plus I've pulled a muscle on the lower side of my left rib cage (possibly as a result of all the coughing a couple of weeks ago) so every breath twinges on top of every other BLASTED TWINGE. :x

I'm off to spend money - now that will help! :lol: DD
  • Slosh
    Retail therapy sounds good, feel for you on the alcohol thing. Why is it that every med I'm on says has two thing in common, may cause constipation or diarrhoea, avoid alcohol! Mind you I don't mind thevone that says may cause weight loss!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh dear! Should Mr DD be informed? I have this vision of him appearing at the end of the hall this evening with a happy “DD, I'm home.” only to be whacked in the chest by a well-aimed crutch. Blasted everything, indeed :x

Slosh - I guess as long as you balance the two meds out you'll be OK :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Oh who said Pimms :lol: ....naughty Slosh . good name ...S/W Mig and DD all have a good day , Marrianne .........looking for cumberx
  • Slosh
    It's not teo meds unfortunately but 5! But I do seem to have found a happy medium and no longer feel like the woman on the ducolax ad.
    Re my name Slosh, may I just point out it's nothing to do with my drinking habits :(
    It was my Father's nickname for me as a child, never found out why.
    Julian of Norwich
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    HI DD
    Maybe crutch throwing a la javelin could be an event at the AC Olympics? You may win a gold medal in that if you keep up the practice!! :lol:
    I am more in favour of a bit of primal screaming mixed with a bit of Tourette`s style embellishment (sorry!! :oops: ) But it works for me, and it is usually when I am on my own so I don`t inflict it on others too much. Except for the poor paramedics that took me to A&E recently, I plead it was the fault of Entonox and IV morphine!!
    What` all this talk of sun?? None here :(
    Hope your day improves with a bit of retail therapy x
    NB
  • dreamdaisy
    The retail therapy was fab., utterly gorgeous even if the result won't be realised for a fortnight or so. I also bought the fixings for a truly horrible dinner which my beloved will enjoy. :? Hurrah. :|

I don't often lose my temper but today the utter futility of being brave and getting on with things hit hard. Then I heard from Frog and realised that, truth be told, I'm not dealing with that much so I stuffed the petulant child back in its box. I hope it will stay there for a while (but it's nice to let rip :wink: ) DD
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    I can relate to this state of mind at the moment too. I have thrown anything, I'd only get that wrong too and break some unintended and wanted item.

Hope the effects of RT last awhile.
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Oh DD.....If anything on here cheers me up its your posts. Sounds like it was fun even if you have to pick them up afterwards.
    Reminds me of when I had just an egg custard from the oven and threw it on the floor in temper and of course I had to clean it up before John or heaven forbid I fell on it.
  • dreamdaisy
    Ah, throwing stuff. Before we moved from 202 I spent a happy 30 minutes or so destroying old and unused mugs on the patio - very satisfying. :wink: In my younger days I used to chuck bags of flour or sugar but quickly discovered that the clearing spoiled the initial release. :roll: Thinking about it I had very little to complain about. Oh happy days. :|

May? I am somewhat surprised that my maunderings help but if they do then I will continue posting in case you are there to read.

Anna? I am amazed that I missed some long-standing -in-my-life-time pottery beauties which live above the cupboards. And very grateful too. Maybe a lesson learned? DD
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Glad to see the retail therapy has helped, good for you. I hope you are now sitting with your feet up and a nice glass of vino in your mitt :wink: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    You can't beat a flash of temper to relieve a bit of stress :wink: I personally favour simultaneous door slamming and loud swearing!
    What a good use of old crockery, I think I'll try that one :D
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    I've had the sort of day in which I've managed to drop virtually everything I touched without throwing it. Indeed, I even managed to drop some things I didn't touch simply by virtue of them being near the ones I did. Replacing my grabber stick on the kitchen door handle was invariably a signal for something else to hurl itself at the floor. Thank God there are no babies around :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    It was an interesting dinner and I actually quite liked my bit of it. it was a Nigel Slater mid-week supper, and involved an horrendous amount of preparation - not. :wink: Get Pyrex glass dish, thickly slice some small potatoes, thickly slice some black pudding, lather on the olive oil and shove in the oven at 180 degrees for 40 - 60 minutes. Before serving break some eggs over the top and return to the oven until they are set to one's liking. He requested three eggs which I placed at one end (I like my eggs scrambled or boiled to oblivion) whereas he likes them runny.

He loved it. 'You can do that again, Wife,' he said. And I will.

Temper slightly improved this morning. Only slightly but have smoked cod for brekkie. Yum-yum. :D DD
  • Slosh
    Hope you enjoyed your breakfast. Love smoked cod, especially steamed with some butter and eaten with crusty bread to mop up the juices. Off to add it to my online shopping list. Hope you have a good day
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh Slosh, it was gorgeous. I had it neat and now the windows are open to release the fragrant aromas. :wink:

I'm feeling rather smug: I've managed to do a fair bit of ironing without resorting to sitting down. DD
  • Slosh
    Well done you. Sounds like yesterday did you good, tantrum and all!
    Julian of Norwich
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I do like a good fit of pique. Hope you're feeling a little better today. Sorry, I am short on useful words tonight. Sophiex
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    How I wish I could use sticks and crutches, Oh to walk out into the garden in this beautiful weather my happy place has passed me by
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    DD I love it ...not your circumstance but your slant on them...I swear at my crutches but have never thrown them so here goes.. :o ..
    Colin I am sorry to see you cant get out in your garden...mine means the world to me..so I know were you are coming from...(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Starburst wrote:
    I do like a good fit of pique.

:lol:
    Might it help, next time (assuming a next time) to have a full length poster of your least favourite person stuck on the wall at the far end? So satisfying to deliver a crutch in the crotch :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Ooooh missus! There's a thought, I wonder who it would be? Will Self, Piers Morgan, Jonathan 'Smuggest of the Smug' Meades . . . . . I could have a gallery . . . DD wanders off, thinking furiously.

Colin? I am sorry, we tend to forget when down that there are others who would love to be able to do what we still can. :oops: DD