Red Krill Oil

Options
2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    This is what the hospital physio taught me.

1. You hold the stick in the opposite hand to the affected joint.

2. The height of the stick should be so that your hand is just above hip height.

3. When you step forward on your bad leg balance yourself with the stick: do not lean on it, it is there to offer balance and support and no more. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • celebrationb
    celebrationb Member Posts: 134
    Options
    Thank you for the advice on the stick will try that.dreamdaisy
    Thank you all for being there.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    There are many times when all we can do for each other is be there. And that does help. Just a word of encouragement on someone's thread can be so important. We are all aware of that.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • celebrationb
    celebrationb Member Posts: 134
    Options
    I went to the doc she never heard of red krill oil and told me to come of it for a month because i was not feeling the greatest. She also said that i am going through a bad/rough period and try to keep going with all that i am doing. She also said that my knee was badly swellon but no change in tablets.
    I am trying to walk more with help from the stick and being more carefull.
    how long does this rought patch last.
    Question if anyone can help. Wondering if you have oa on one knee can that cause the other knee to get oa with using that knee more or cause other problems in the good leg.?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    When one joint is thrown out of kilter it causes us to move differently so, as a result, other joints suffer because they too are pushed beyond their limits. I began with one wonky knee but over time the rubbish circus moved on because that is what it does. :(

If your knee is swollen I think you should ask for blood tests to measure your inflammatory markers - in my experience that means the levels of your CRP and ESR. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    how long does this rought patch last.

How long is a piece of string :roll: I'm afraid it will last as long as it feels like it. There are no rules to this arthritis game.

As DD says, there can, indeed, be a knock-on effect. It doesn't necessarily mean that you also have OA in the other knee, though you might. Sometimes it's just muscle and soft tissue pain as the 'good' limb tries to compensate for the weak one.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright