Options
2»

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Paulch,

So sorry to hear that you've been having problems with dystonia. I hope that the second lot of hip injections last longer than last time.

The consultant has offered me more injections, if I want them, but they didn't really work at all for me.

I hope your wife gets on all right with her knee replacement. Do tell her to join the forum - lots of friendly people and plenty of support.

Take care,

Meg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi paulch
    I am sorry to hear your wife is suffering with her knee, hopefully the op will make such a difference to her, and sorry to here you have been in hospital...it never rains has they say...let us know how you and your wife get on..
    And Meg how are you doing are your hips any easier..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Thanks for asking, Barbara. Well, I'm doing the physio exercises, but still have pain at night and especially going upstairs. What makes it worse is my knee pain, again, worse going upstairs, which just adds to it. The consultant has written to my GP re pain medication - he said I was getting 'pain overlap' from the bursitis, OA in my knees and feet and the disc problem in my back! And while I'm having a whinge, my hands/thumbs are painful, too. I bet you're sorry you asked now! :xmas_smile:

So, when his letter arrives - I saw him two weeks ago and still no sign - I'll pop back (or limp back) to the GP and see what he suggests.

Very busy at the moment as I sing in a choir and we've got a lot of Christmas concerts. We're singing tonight and then again on Saturday and Sunday. The Sunday event is in the forest and is always very, very cold! I love it though.

Meg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Meh don't you apologize for having a moan..its a good release..is the knee pain refereed from your hip , I know mine was but I also have mild OA in my knees...sorry forgotten how old you are..its hard to think of surgery but I am glad I had my hip replaced ...its stronger, but not much better off because my other wants doing...like you I have back probs so its hard to decide were most of the pain is coming from...I hope you get some answers soon then you can move on..
    How lovely singing in the forest...I would so love to be there..you enjoy and keep wrapped up... :rudolph: x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh heck, ain't life stupidly tough at times? :roll: I empathise with the knee pain, Megrose, it is nasty and, sadly, unavoidable because knees are very useful joints. I know they all are but knees . . . . they have a 'special' place in my heart. :wink: Good luck with the singing, I hope all goes well.

Hello again, paulch, I am sorry to hear about your troubles, that sounds nasty. :( Your poor wife, all of us on here know how tough this can be so I hope she will join our creaky gang, as you know we offer support and encouragement because we know what it's like. I wish you both well. DD

:hoho:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben