Horrendous rain!

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 27. May 2014, 08:05 in Community Chit-chat archive
The noise woke me at 5.30 this morning, I have never heard rain like it whilst in a house :shock: . It was thundering off the roof, the patio outside the kitchen was at least three inches deep in water, the guttering was struggling to cope with the deluge and many of our flowers are flattened. A snail floated on a puddle on the paving outside the bedroom window, it was trying to cross but it wound itself in and bobbed gently around as the heavy rain plashed around it. Apparently we're in for a very wet day which is a nuisance because I have to go out - I dislike walking in very wet weather, the world becomes a slippery place when one is using crutches. :( DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sounds dreadful. I couldn't believe it when I read the news this morning and saw there were more flood warnings out, thought we had come to the end of those. Loved your description of the snail bobbing along.
    Feel for you having to go out in it, please take it steady and hope it dries up before you have to go out.
    The only problem I have with the rain at present is that it means my hubby hasn't yet been able to hoover out the inside of my car before I "swop" it for my new one later in the week.
    Fingers crossed your weather improves quickly.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Yes its raining here to ,DD yes better check guttering my o/h is very hot on his gutters and down spouts :lol: Hope you get the car cleaned Sloshx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    We had the dreadful weather on Sunday afternoon! It was raining so hard that we had a river going down the road and we're at the top of our road!! The plant pots where full of water, it was the heaviest rain storm I had ever seen and we had thunder with it! I can't believe we are having this atrocious weather in summer, at least we definitely won't have a drought this year!!
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    In terms of the outside of the car maybe I could save some money, pour car shampoo over and then let the rain do the hard work.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    We had the heavy rain on Sunday ..summer started off so well ..hope it come back soon...has for walking in it I caught some algae on the pavement with my crutches blimey I thought ice was slippy... :shock:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    They have said a few times we will have heavy rain but we have not had any yet.
    take care everyone
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx