Anyone take Arcoxia (or similar) with Blood Pressure meds?

jabster
jabster Member Posts: 39
edited 30. May 2014, 21:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone :)

So yet something else to add to my medical list! I've now got high BP and started meds to bring it down. I've had to stop the combined pill and GP made me stop Arcoxia :(

I'm on enbrel which has helped massively but I def need Arcoxia or similar along with it. I can feel my hands/fingers swelling up and stiff again, struggling to make a fist like before i started enbrel :(

Anyhows anyone take both meds?

And if anyone finds the magic wand shop please share the address lol

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I am sorry you have to have another med,but I do hope its help you , sorry I cant help with any advice but hopefully someone will be along soon..good luck with it..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    My BP rose thanks to humira so I take two further meds to control it. I'm also on injected meth and sulph but only occasionally need to turn to diclofenac for additional relief. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • feeringsteve
    feeringsteve Member Posts: 16
    hi
    I take Arcoxia 90mg and I take bisaprol ,amalodipin and another blood pressure tablet.i also omprozole to protect the stomach.i haven't had any problems with the tablets . I also take Tramadol hope this helps you.
    Steve
  • jabster
    Thanks everyone :) I am going to phone my GP tomorrow and see about getting back on Arcoxia.

Here's hoping! x
  • jabster
    Well he won't let me take the Arcoxia :(

My hips are burning, feet agony and fingers swollen - his answer take strong Cocodamol! I need anti inflammatories :(
    He kept going on about the heart disease risk, I totally get it and yes it is a risk but I signed my life away to get anti TNF, goodness knows the SE they will have in years to come!

I've to get a 24hr BP monitor on next week and he'll review after that.
    I'm not holding my breath.

How did you get your GP to let you take Arcoxia or similar?

Fed up :( x
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    If you see a rheumatologist then he/she would be the best person to ask. He/She can over rule what your gp is saying (I always have trouble getting my Arcoxia due to costs, my old consultant used to have to ring my gp and tell them I need it)
  • jabster
    thank you, I have left a message for my rheumy nurse to give me a call back.

Sometimes I think you just have to weigh up what is best for quality of life now, as tomorrow you could get run over by a bus! So who knows what is around the corner eh!

Fingers crossed... again lol x
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    That is exactly how I feel towards the "risks" the drugs present. GP's have less prescribing power so he/she is probably acting in your best interest from a GP's point of view. If you're happy to take the both then I don't see why your consultant would not prescribe it to you. Let us know how you get on.

The heart disease risk is also the equivalent to that of taking pain killers long term so I have been told, so it's nothing really to be that concerned about, being as fit and active as possible (with Tnf drugs and anti inflammatory drugs) probably has more overall health benefits than the risks these drugs present anyway. We all know that being immobile and in chronic long term pain makes us less active etc which usually results in weight gain eventually, decrees in overall body fitness and so on