Oh no no wheels

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 1. Jun 2014, 04:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
Was not a happy bunny on Tuesday evening was walking round supermarket when one of the front wheels on my rollator just gave way and just splayed outwards :shock: and the part of the frame that wheel is attached split and twisted. Annoying :x :x as I have only had this one for exactly 1year 2 months 6 days on the day it broke so spent a sleepless night on Tuesday worrying about it. Spoke to the disability shop it was purchased from and they have collected it today and are going to try and do a repair on it and they are going to photograph it and complain to the manufacturer on my behalf so got to wait and see what happens. so have to use crutches if I want to go out. :cry::cry: and It's not good as using them makes my arms and back more painful than usual. :(
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• jen9432
    jen9432 Bots Posts: 37
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Do they not have a loaner for you? Ask either the disability shop or even the manufacturer for a loaner while yours is being fixed. Crutches also hurt my wrist, arm and back. I hope you got lots of shopping done :wink:
    Good Luck!
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Thanks Jen they don't loan out rollator at the shop but they are very good as when they collected It today it was the repair guy and the manager of the shop and the repair man said he will look at it in the morning and hopefully by tomorrow after they will tell me if they can make it usable while the complaint goes through so at the moment I'm leaving it at that if they cant I may have the loan of one from a friend. :)
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I don't think I'd like the idea of using a repaired rollator that had broken in such a fashion. It has broken at a point at which it must take a fair bit of stress. Surely it shouldn't be repaired? Do be careful, Carol.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Options
    thanks Sticky the repair guy said he would be trying to secure a rod of of some sort into the tubing to secure it as a temporary measure he said if he cant he will let me know and he repairs all their wheelchairs scooters and rollators that have any problem. and hopefully the manufacturer when they see his photos will agree to a new 1or compensation due to the short length of time that I have had it. I hope so because at the moment I really cant afford another new one at £110 a time.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry to hear this Carol, lets hope the manufacturer will come up with a new one, just be careful with the repaired one until then.......Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Thanks Marie
    Will be careful don't worry but as you say hopefully manufacturer will come up with a new one if the shop manager has no luck I shall be contacting them direct and I will give them hell you can be sure of that. :wink::wink:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    Turbogran (love the name!) the term 'not fit for purpose' springs to mind. I can't tell you what to do but I can tell you what I would do - If I had to I would 'name and shame' after just over one year I would go and demand that the shop give me a brand new different make one! regardles of what the maker says, these things are not cheap to us but are peanuts to the shop, they are also their bread and butter. It could have caused serious injury to any one using it, quite aside from the pain and inconveinience to you now. I would be inclined to go to trading standards.