The smallest update.

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 31. May 2014, 14:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Vomiting without a cause remains undiagnosed. Humira has made virtually no impact on my RA after 7 weeks of treatment. It has been confirmed that rheum believes my RA is now affecting the sacroiliac joints. You have to laugh or you'd cry, right?!

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    ((((()))))
    Numpty x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I'm not laughing. (((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Options
    I need to pop down to the local shops tomorrow to collect a prescription and I am going to treat myself. I might get my nails done or buy some trashy magazines or maybe both! Always look on the bright side and all that, yes?
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Awe Sophie ((((())))) you go and spoil yourself rotten you deserve it xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Have a good day, Sophie. Doing both sounds like a plan to me!
    Meg (((())))
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Seven weeks on humira equals three injections, yes? That is very early days so hopefully you will soon start to feel a difference. I am sorry about the vomiting, that must be a worry and as for sacro-iliacs: YUK. Mine have been twanging for years now and it's not that pleasant. I hope the trashy mags helped and that you were able to get your nails done. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Options
    Yes, it is still early days on the Humira. I had a very quick response to Cimzia but Humira doesn't have loading does so perhaps this is why?

I didn't manage to treat myself but I did take the dog for a slow stroll which made me very happy. I only accidentally hit him with my stick once. :lol:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I have just had a MRI on the sacroiliac joint so I feel for you it is blinking painful..but apparently injection can help ,so you let us know how you get on and I hope the meds kick in for you...wish you lived near me I have loads of those mags.. :) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Starburst wrote:
    Yes, it is still early days on the Humira. I had a very quick response to Cimzia but Humira doesn't have loading does so perhaps this is why?

I didn't manage to treat myself but I did take the dog for a slow stroll which made me very happy. I only accidentally hit him with my stick once. :lol:

I have "started" Humira twice, the first time round it worked more or less over night for me and then for some reason it went down hill from there and I changed to another medication after a few months. The second time I started Humira it began to very slowly work after around the 8 week mark, after around 6 months on Humira for the 2nd time my consultant decided to prescribe it as a weekly injection as I was only feeling the benefits for around 6 days, that worked really well for me up until last year. So yes its very early days and I hope you start to feel the benefits soon.