ESA form sent back - but found out interesting ATOS stuff

justinbarrow
justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
edited 31. May 2014, 14:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had an esa form questionnaire to fill in and I was glad to get it posted back as its been doing my head in to the point I had to get help from Citezens advice the lady who helped me with it said that I should have enough points and was told that ATOS are no longer doing medicals within a 75 mile radius as they are scaling down after terminating their contract so she said if they want a face to face assessment it might be a while yet as they have not found a company to replace ATOS. I was told if I get told to attend a medical that is so far then I have the right to refuse as this is happening in a few areas around the country.

I took medical evidence from my speacilist and she said they omnly consider the most recent stuff and if it shows progression and new problems then that goes in a persons favour.

They also said that they don't really look at GP stuff :o shocking

So now the wait starts - Will keep you updated but thought I would mention what was said.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Very interesting Justin,like your other post it is good of you to share this,I will have everything crossed for you, must say you do seem to have it all in hand , glad you got the cab involved..good luck
    Love
    Barbara
  • justinbarrow
    Thanks Barbara - Whatever happens I suppose will happen but clearly shocked at ATOS if its true that they give less weight to GP`s as these people tend to know people and see them more.

Hope you are all doing as well as can be and not in to much pain.
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Good luck, I can't say I had any problems with ATOS. I didn't even have to attend any medical and was put in the support group within 2 weeks of posting back the form so there is some hope!
  • justinbarrow
    Hi As5567 That must of been great news at the time going straight through to support group.

Did you supply all the relevant info with your form, some people say its good to do so while others say not to and let them run around for the info.

Will keep you updated with how things go.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I knew they were leaving their contract and there are now major delays in getting ESA.

I didn't know about the GP notes not getting looked at. As someone who never really goes to the GP I was concerned this would go against me as I've read they expect a lot of medical evidence.

All the best
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Hi As5567 That must of been great news at the time going straight through to support group.

Did you supply all the relevant info with your form, some people say its good to do so while others say not to and let them run around for the info.

Will keep you updated with how things go.

I gave them a ton of photocopies of letters and gave additional details (Over 5 pages I think) I just gave them as much information as possible so the person reading the form gets a clear picture. Who knows I may have just got lucky but I don't see what harm it would do by sending them as much information as you can think of. Letting them run around for the information would only slow things down and possibly things may get left out.