DWP don't know what they're doing!!

Options
dawnf43
dawnf43 Member Posts: 27
I'm just in the process of applying for contributions based ESA. On Saturday they sent me 2 letters, one asking me to send in my sick note and the other was the ESA50 form to fill in.

I spent lots of time filling in the form making sure I put all the information in that I thought was relevant. It took ages and my hands really hurt after all that writing.

I had just finished filling it all in when the postman brought me another letter from the DWP, this time saying that I hadn't paid enough national insurance.

As you can imagine I was not a happy bunny!!

I got straight on the phone to them and they said that it was an automated letter and that because I'm self employed and pay class 2 NIC their system doesn't pick it up and after it had been looked at by a "decision maker" my claim would be allowed. I should get another letter explaining this in a few days.

The most annoying thing is that I had spent hours researching online to find out if I could claim because I was self employed.

I'll wait and see what happens next.

Dawn

Comments

• jen9432
    jen9432 Bots Posts: 37
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Government paperwork!! I'm sick of it. Who designs these forms anyway, they are ambiguous and not clear. I think next time they re-design one of these forms they should be asking us (average Joe public) for help. I've spent up to 3 hours on one of these and still wasn't sure I had done it all correctly. Sometimes, so much is riding on just one box to be filled out a certain way. I read somewhere recently that the latest new job is a healthcare navigator. This person fills out forms for you and navigates the complicated multi level medical systems.

Thats my rant for the day!! :wink:
  • dawnf43
    dawnf43 Member Posts: 27
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    A quick update on my original post. Having waited in vain for my first payment, I rang DWP again and was told that I won't be getting any money as what I was told was wrong and although I can get National Insurance credits, I will have to wait until January to get money in my hand.

As you can imagine, I am not a happy bunny. :x