Pocket duties please for tomorrow.

Options
kellerman
kellerman Member Posts: 741
edited 9. Jun 2014, 08:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
So tomorrow I see onco for appoitment while having 2nd round of chemo and at 3 o'clock while still having chemo a meeting with onco and rheumy and my onco nurse apparently.So at least its all together on the longest day.
Some news about my daughter....she has been in a lot of pain for years and every time she saw her rheumy he couldn't find anything. It now appears that every scan shes had has been her lower back when its higher up she has had the pain. Now they have scanned the right bit of her back from what she said she has a disc pressing on her spine and has to see a back surgeon with a view to an op.She is so relieved that after 15 years she is not imagining it.Isn't it a shame this couldn't have been diagnosed sooner?
I'm having a wonderful day today as I've started my steriods again. So I'll be high for the next few days.
Take care of yourselves please. Love May xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'll be there, May, I hope it all goes as well as possible. ((( ))) xxx DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi May
    I'll be there for pocket duties :wink:
    As you say at least everything is together.
    I'm so pleased your daughter has eventually got a diagnosis and that something may be done about it....even if it is late :roll:
    Keep us updated when you can about both of you
    Love
    Hileena
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I'll be there too, May. Hope that all goes well. ((()))

Meg
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Pop me in too
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I'll be there May. (((()))) Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I'm in May will be routing for you, pleased your daughter has finally got an answer (((())))xxx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I'll be there in your pocket.
    xxAnna
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    No way would I miss it, May. This is a big day for you, right? I'm glad the steroids are helping and that things are looking up for your daughter :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    I'll be there if there's space, shall I bring home made cake to keep us all going through the long day? :)

Deb x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    (((()))) Thinking of you, May. I hope it went well.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh no sorry May I missed this but I really hope all went well..at least like you say they were all in one room :o ..and I am pleased they have found out what is wrong with your daughters back .after all that time..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,945
    Options
    Hello May
    i hope everything went well. i'm pleased your daughter has at last found out what was wrong.
    take care both
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Update...well at least chemo went through ok but I have had the fluid...gallons of it and the water infusion meds so only had 2 hours sleep and in the chair because well...believe it or not I didn't want to wet the bed and I was disurbing John.I saw the onco before the meeting and insisted she let me use my common sense!!!! and give me the tabs for the really rubbish mouth I got last time as of course I wouldn't take them if nothing happened.
    Well what an interesting meeting. Mr I am always right backed down when he actually saw the drugs that I am already taking and believe it or not as long as I see him after the 6th chemo he will go along with that. As I had to go to the bathroom during this meeting I don't know what was said in the 10 minutes I was away but I did say this was my choice and I also agreed to take steroids if required...well I had to agree to something he said. So all in all it made the 12 hours go quicker. Now because of the steroids I have to take today I will probably not sleep tonight either but actually I don't feel too tired and have been out walking the dogs...so a happy bunny.
    You have no idea how much I appreciate your support. This forum has got to have the nicest helpful people and never depressing as I do actually find on some others.I know Half the time I'm off topic but I need positive people and this is where I find you. Please take care everyone..Love May xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    So good to hear from you, I have been wondering all day how yesterday went, and been saying a prayer for you. It sounds as though a joint meeting was what was needed, and well done for standing your ground which can't have been easy. I feel for you having to sleep in a chair last night but can understand why you did that. Take care and take it easy.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    May, half the time we're all 'off topic'. You are coping (magnificently) with Arthritis Plus. This is where you belong. End of.

I'm not sure many people could fight their corner with an onco and a rheumatologist while having a chemo infusion. You manage to make it sound all in a day's work. Not, thank God, for most of us. You seem to have achieved all you wanted and that's great news. Your 'loo break' might have been a good thing in that it gave them time to talk between themselves.

I'm sorry about the sleepless night last night and the probable prospect of the same tonight. Bladders - who'd have 'em :roll:

Walking the dogs :o:D
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hi May,

I've been wondering how things went, it sounds like a positive meeting. Well done you for sticking up for yourself, it's often hard to do around "experts" who think they know it all but don't know us as people.

Deb x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Good on you May,glad it went well. Mig
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi May
    I am glad that the docs listened to the real person in the know eg you!! I hope that they continue to listen to what you have to say and that your treatment on both parts goes smoothly xx You have been in my thoughts although I haven`t been here much.
    Take care x
    NB
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Thinking of you, May. (((())))
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Thinking of you (((())))xxx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thinking about you May...(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,945
    Options
    Hello May
    i hope everything went as well as you wanted. i'm sorry things are so hard for you. ((((((((May))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx