Tour de France - a dilemma

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 5. Jun 2014, 07:14 in Community Chit-chat archive
The Tour de France will be starting in Yorkshire. I have no interest in it and I'm so sick of hearing about 'Le Grand Depart' (always mispronounced. Call it 'the start' for heaven's sake :roll: ) on local radio that I've re-tuned my radio alarm to Radio 4.

Today we had to go along part of the route. Mr SW was banging on about it and asked should we go to watch. I could think of few things I'd like to do less. Then he played his trump card.

“Think of all the lycra” he said.

:o And I still am :shock: :D:D

What would you do? (Mig, no need to reply. I just kind of know :lol: And there'll be plenty for both of us :wink: )
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I would be camping out all night at the start line to get the best view PHWOAR all those lyrca clad bodies, need I say any more :D xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    They go awful fast once they get going, so blink and you'd miss your Lycra fix.Better perhaps to have something recorded to watch in comfort, possibly in slowmo....
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    You lucky so & so .Mig
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    By all means record it for posterior oops that should read prosperity . 8) :lol: Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    :lol: Mig, you are utterly incorrigible...and single-minded. (I carefully didn't type 'singlet-minded' there. Not quite the same :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    On July 7th it passes through very close to where I live, no more than a mile. Will have to put the date in my diary! One advantage of being on sick leave.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Where I live the surrounding roads will all be closed off from 6 a.m. on the 6th July, as the caravan, cavalcade and the cyclists will be due .

So we have booked a weekend away, not interested I'm afraid.
    The area will be heaving. I am hardly going to battle my way through that lot. .

Its supposed to be bringing in goodness knows how much revenue to the area but wonder how much it is costing the local council to re-surface most of the route and including the pavements along the route. Other roads are left with the huge pot holes whilst loadsa dosh being spent on this function. :roll:

Kath