Plse nominate AC as a chosen charity for yr local Sainsburys

Options
elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 6. Jun 2014, 04:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
FYI via FB

Can you spare five minutes to nominate Arthritis Care as your chosen charity for your local Sainsbury’s and perhaps ask your friends/family/neighbours too?
Charity name: Arthritis Care
Charity registration number: 206563 or SCO38693 (Scotland)
Charity contact information: lisam@arthritiscare.org.uk
For the reason why you have nominated us you could say ‘Arthritis affects around 10 million people in the UK. 70% are in constant pain and 65% even struggle to make a cup of tea. It doesn’t just affect old people but thousands of young people and children too. It is the largest national charity for people and families with any type of arthritis. Last year over 12,000 people were supported through the professional helpline alone. They have lots of help from volunteers but need Sainsbury’s help so they can reach out to even more people. Alternatively you can give your own reason/story, or share your local experience of Arthritis Care but there is a limit of 500 characters.

Thank you for you continued support

https://www.sainsburyslocalcharity.co.uk/#nominate
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thanks elna done and dusted, will certainly pass it on....................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Double thank you. :-D

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    Options
    Hi Elna,

Nominated with my local Sainsburys

Sarah x
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Thank you Sarah. :-D It is the least we can do for AC.

Elna x

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thankyou Elna its is all done, fingers crossed ... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Elna, could you give us more info, please.

As I've raised money before for a local charity from supermarkets wanting to support a good cause in their area, this didn't sound to me to be what they wanted.

So, I contacted Sainsburys and asked if it was OK to nominate a national charity. They replied 'you can nominate local branches of national charities as well as separate local charities in your area'. In other words, we can only nominate local branches of Arthritis Care not the national organisation.

It seems that a vote for 'Arthritis Care' as opposed to 'Arthritis Care
    Branch' would be a wasted vote. And I can't find any email addresses for the branches in West Yorkshire. All contact details are for London.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Sticky

I have no further information on this. It was from AC on my FB page so I passed the link on here.

I too thought it should be a charity local to one's area.

You could always contact AC if you wish to know more.

Elna x

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Thanks, Elna, but I don't think there's any point. Sainsbury's seem quite clear on it and, in any case, my local branch of AC seems to have disappeared.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright