Result !!!!

Options
lynnemarie1123
lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
edited 5. Jun 2014, 04:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
So after an awful painful week x I chased the rhumy helpline and got thru to my consultants secretary xx I have an appointmènt on Friday at 4.15 xx so pleased x however my symptoms aren't as bad as the weekend :-) will she still change my meds ? Dream daisy and sticky ???

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm pleased that you have an appointment so tell her how bad it has been, stress that is why you needed a quick appointment, and answer her questions as though it is a bad day. Any rheumatologist worth their salt will understand the fluctuating nature of our conditions. Please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    We're not psychics, you know :) In my experience, rheumatologists are more likely to go by blood test results than pain levels. You say you're not as bad as at the weekend but (a)maybe you overdid things at the weekend in preparation for your son's birthday party and (b) I think you said earlier that things had generally been worse for a while.

i think we're all familiar with that panic that sets in as a much longed-for appointment draws nearer and our stubborn joints immediately improve :roll: However, your rheumatologist should be very used to this and that's why the blood tests are so important as they reflect a trend rather than a spot check. Just explain how things are and have been.

Please let us know how you get on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I am so pleased you have got this appointment, hopefully they will listen carefully to you and give you something for the pain...its awful when you are suffering and there is no one to help...good Luck and please let us know how you get on..
    Love
    Barbara
  • lynnemarie1123
    lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
    Options
    thanks guys xxx yes Sticky it has got steadily worse over the past few months, and came to a head on sunday but I think that was partly to do with stress and doing too much xx - i am in pain again now!! and I do know I have made the right decision!! - upon getting undressed tonight :oops: to go in the bath the swelling is so visual on my lower back and there is also bruising there too ??

I cannot wait for Friday and to hopefully eventually feel like a normal person once again :-) xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I cannot wait for Friday and to hopefully eventually feel like a normal person once again :-) xxx

Don't get too ambitious :lol: Normal person? No, you've lost me tere :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright