Fainting Pageboys.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 5. Jun 2014, 09:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
This afternoon I've heard via my magic noise box the 'interruption' to the Queen's Speech. Obviously Her Majesty is used to the thud of a pageboy losing consciousness for a while because she didn't even pause in her delivery - I now have visions of the corridors of Buck House echoing to various thuds and soft sighs as flunkeys and minions temporarily give up the ghost. :wink: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I do feel for them having to stand for long periods...I honestly thought the man holding the crown was going to go..he did look a bit wobbly on the steps..could just imagine the crown rolling down the steps :shock:
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol: Barbara, what are you like? A wonderful image.

I didn't see the incident in question but I do hope that protocol didn't take precedence over a young boy's health.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dawnf43
    dawnf43 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    I was watching the speech and heard the noise. The Queen didn't even flinch. I noticed that there were only three page boys on the way out but thought I must have miscounted until I saw the news later.

We really do pomp and ceremony well don't we! Fantastic to see all that history and tradition.

Dawn