I am so lucky to have such a good consultant

Options
fortuna
fortuna Member Posts: 149
edited 5. Jun 2014, 04:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had my 3rd app. with her this morning.

I went in feeling quite good but on examining my hands and feet and although my bloods were quite good she felt that there was still some inflammation in my wrist and fingers. So I will be having injections in my wrist and fingers (surely she doesn't mean all of them!)

Then special insoles for my shoes because of pain on walking.

And she wants to combine Plaquenil to my MXT but only if my eye consultant thinks it suitable (I have had lazer treatment for retinal bleeds due to the Diabetes) She wrote to him and gave me letter for app. next week.

She is upping my Folic Acid to every day except the MTX day because my hair is thinning and my eyebrows are nearly gone!

So I came out feeling very happy that she has acted so quickly and has picked up on some things that I thought I would just have to put up with.
I wish all of us could have a share of her!
Fortuna

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    She does sound good and I am pleased that you had such a thorough appointment. Mine referred me to orthotics some time ago and I now have two pairs of custom-made insoles (well, one pair, I mislaid the other in the house move :oops: they will turn up in time ) and they help. I am one of the lucky ones in that I get away with very little side-effects from the meth but hopefully the FA will help you regain some hair-growth. I hope the added plaquenil helps and good luck with the steroid injections if you have them - remember to rest the injected joints as much as possible for a days or so after to give the jollop time to properly sink in and get to work. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes, that does sound like a good appointment and a very thorough one. Good for her!. I've taken plaquenil with my meth from the start and never an eye problem though I didn't to begin with. I hope you get on well with the updated regime and thanks for sharing the good news :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright