My computer is driving me mad!

Options
fortuna
fortuna Member Posts: 149
edited 6. Jun 2014, 23:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
Whilst typing I suddenly find I am typing in the previous row. The curser (spelling!) jumps all over the place and typing anything takes forever,
So does anyone know why this is happening? Any ideas much appreciated.
Fortuna

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My cursor jumps around too - it's frustrating. I don't know why, it seems to be when I pause to form the next phrase then start typing, assuming the cursor will be blinking away where I left it - no, it's blinking moved! :lol:

Another thing I dislike is the smug messages they screen - 'Your last session closed unexpectedly' - yes it did thanks to you, you beast. 'Please wait' - like I have a choice. :? I'm ready to go, why aren't you? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My curser used to do that. I was told that it was probably caused by a dirty keyboard so I replaced it with a new, plug in keyboard and a new mouse.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • fortuna
    Options
    This is what it does. Typical for these two sentences it 't done hasn'toe behaving done it, typical it's now it is jumping again.
    leanWill frighten it to death with a good c
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I feel for you at the min my space bar is not working properly so have to go back and hit the bar hard to make a space....life was much less frustrating before the tinternet came... :roll: but I do love it when its working :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    I'm with DD on this one my dose all the same things sometimes I feel like chucking it out of the blinking window but not a good idea me thinks as I'll have the cost of a new window pane plus a new laptop :roll: So I just tend to talk very sharply to it :lol: not that it listens hee hee :lol::lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,155
    Options
    http://www.freebyte.com/img34/humor/dragdrop.jpg :D

Mine also gets a lot of talking to. Mostly sarcasm now I think of it (why do we do it?) :lol:
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    try switching off and then on again :shock:
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    toady wrote:
    Mine also gets a lot of talking to. Mostly sarcasm now I think of it (why do we do it?

Toady I often ask myself that question but have never come up with an answer so I still do it. he he :lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Are these laptops?

When mine started doing this I took it in to a repair shop and they told me it was a problem with laptops that have the battery right below the trackpad and keyboard. They sag with time and use and the connection points connecting the trackpad to the computer get lax. They said buying a new battery would help. This was going to cost a fair bit and I'm cheep/thrifty.

So, what I did was go home and give the thing a thorough vacuuming especially the trackpad area and I shot some compressed air around it too. There must have been a crumb or two in there (from OH, I'm sure :) ) because it's been fine. It's happened a time or two since but vacuuming and/or a shot of compressed air seems to work.

If you use a mouse, I'd suspect the mechanism in the mouse is gummed up with hair, dust, etc. Either cleaning or a new one may help.
  • fortuna
    Options
    Winaks Anll do, thanks anna
  • mzjones
    mzjones Bots Posts: 38
    Options
    Does it do it when you are offline or only when you are on the Internet? If it only happens when you are on the internet it might be your cache. If it happens offline, it most likely is a dirty keyboard. Either way, they are both caused by too much gunk :D