Fed up of prescriptions and pills

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 9. Jun 2014, 08:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had a very bad week with vomiting last week and saw my GP. He looked through my (long) list of medication and asked if I wanted come off all of them. :o He thought it might solve my vomiting! I'd be bed bound but hey....! :roll: He decided to take me off one medication and put me on another, thus wasting our 10 minute discussion on which meds I felt able to come off to see if that was the culprit. <Sigh> I'm finally seeing the gastroenterologist next week though.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ccming off the lot would be real desperation stakes, wouldn't it? I can see its appeal but also its downside. The gastro man is surely the one with the answers but a week is a long time to hold out in such circumstances so I hope the switch helps in the interim.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    (((((((((((( )))))))))))). Really hope your gastro man can help. I think I understand what you mean about wishing you could abandon the meds- I feel that way sometimes, then miss a week of meds due to taking antibiotics and quickly realise why I take it all :? . Life's a bundle of laughs sometimes isn't it!!

Deb x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh hon, been there, felt that, starred in the film and my house is stuffed with far too many Tshirts. The good news (OK, kind of good news) is that you are seeing the gastro soon and I hope he can provide some answers. I suppose one answer would be dropping the lot and then reintroducing them one at a time to see if that flushes out the culprit but let's get real with this, you are struggling and need help. Please let us know how you get on, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Options
    Well, the prochlorperazine made no difference. :( I have all but run out of medications to try. I'm counting the hours till Tuesday morning and hopefully, the gastroenterologist will be able to give me some hope. I went out for a delicious but expensive dinner and was so poorly when I got home.

It's been a bit of a week; my sweet little doggy had an accident and we were told he might need his tail amputated but now, we think the tail will heal without it, thank goodness.

Sorry, moan moan whinge whinge. I'm feeling quite angry at the world at the moment, like an angsty teen. :x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Your emotions must be all over the place, Sophie what with the great exam results and triumph of landing a job so quickly but also the joints and stomach creating such havoc. I think you're right to focus on Tuesday but I do admire your courage in going out for a meal in your current circumstances. Keep hanging on. Not long to go.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Options
    Emotions all over the place probably does sum me up right now. It's been a rough weekend, health-wise but I've been through worse, I can cope. I kept down some chicken dippers tonight, which has made me feel a lot less ropey. :)
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Just wanted to wish you well for your appointment, Sophie. Glad you kept down the chicken.

And, my dog has managed very well her whole life without a tail. It's a long story but it was amputated when she showed up at the vet clinic where I worked, and, she then came home with me :) Keeping the bandage on was nightmarish and I think she ended up wearing child's underwear for a while :D She's 12 now and she had an xray of her abdomen last November where we incidentally found out her tail was broken above the stump, which explained why she's never even wagged her stump.

Hope your dog is ok.

Anna
  • Starburst
    Options
    Thank you, Anna. Logically I know that a tail-less dog wouldn't be the end of the world but he's such a waggly-tailed little fellow, so it's sad to see him like this. He's certainly less mopey that he was, although he's still needing pain relief. There is a huge improvement and I don't think it will need amputating but I do hope he will get more use of it as time goes by. Fingers crossed! He's my baby, my whole world. :D
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,945
    Options
    Hello Sophie
    good luck with the gastro man i hope he can sort it all out for you.
    how is your little dog what breed is he.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Options
    Good luck :)Hope you get some answers x
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hope you get some answers today!
    Deb x