no meth for Me this week

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 9. Jun 2014, 18:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi from Espana..
we got to Spain last Sunday after twenty six hours on the coach. Yes, I know. . A coach. . Lol
Journey was ok actually. The new coaches are quite spacious seat wise.
Anyway, by Tuesday I had started with a sore throat. Wednesday it was a sore throat, runny nose and chesty cough.
Thursday is my meth injection day but I brought some antibiotics with me for emergencies. I started them Thursday morning. Just in case.
Felt a bit better yesterday but quite rough last night and this morning. Think it'll be a lazing around by the pool day today. Lol

Catch you all soon.

PS. Weather has been really good so far and meant to get hotter next week. We are home on the sixteenth.

Wifi at the hotel is ok-ish lol

hope all are ok.

Tony x
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    A COACH.....Tony good on you. I did this many years ago to Barcelona and as it was a freebie of course I went. Never again. I found the journey a nightmare.
    Hope you have plenty of sunscreen for the hot weather.
    Just take care and be sensible.
    Mostly have a good holiday.
    Haven't seen you around for a while but thats possibly because we moved to a new build with no internet or phone so I haven't been around myself.
    May xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope the bios kick in soon so you can enjoy your holiday. Glad your wifi is ok ish. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Oh dear! It sounds like you've got what I had. It's an evil, sneaky beast which, in my case, disguised itself first as hay fever then a cold before migrating to my chest and, believe it or not, stomach :? You have the antibios for the chest infection bit which is good. Make sure you finish the course. That's so important. No, don't meth. I've just taken my first meth for three weeks. And, as May has said, don't do the sun either. The meth's still with you even if you miss the odd dose. And, if you can, after all that, have a good holiday :lol: How many's that this year? Do you ever go home for a break :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, thank the lord for antibiotics! Enjoy your holiday as best you can. I too missed the meth last week due to a distinctly dodgy chest which has happily settled now, but my joints are letting me know about the missed dose :? . Off to do my meth injection imminently...... still have to brace myself for it mentally even though I know it's not painful.

Debx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thank you all. I stayed in bed this morning after a rough night. Got up at noon thinking I felt a tad better. That feeling didn't last long lol.
    I'm going to complete the antibiotic course for sure. I don't need this on my jollies lol.
    May, lovely to see you again.
    The coaches these days are soooo much better believe me. We have been coming Spain on the coach for about eleven years now. And we have had some horrid journeys. This one was ok. Sticky, I don't remember snogging you to catch this :shock: was I asleep? :lol:
    I think I'll write today off totally. The sun isn't out too much anyway.
    It's trying very hard to fight through the clouds but they're as thick as me today haha.
    Thank you all for the support as usual. Means a great deal.
    I'm off for a kip I think.
    Be good :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Mate, this is so not needed, yes? Ignore the meth, get thee better first, lad, no matter what it takes. I hope you perk up soon so that you and Spain can become better acquainted. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks mi darlin DD..
    I'm sure I'll be reet as rain soon. .

Sticky- lo siento amiga mia. Nescissito mas el sol!!

xx :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hi folks. I'm feeling much better today. Still have today's and tomorrow's antibiotics left so will finish em off. I have wisely not been in the pool or the sea so far.as hot as it is I'd be cold getting out again. That pleasure can wait till next week lol.

hope everyone is as ok as can be.

x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    :D glad you're on the mend, enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Deb x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Glad you're feeling a bit better. You don't want to be ill on your hols. Have a great time as soon as you're over the cold.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Good that you're on the up, especially for your birthday. However, young man :wink: , you'll soon realise you don't need the sun once you get your first meth rash.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Sticky, I know you are right hun. Alas, as my mother would tell you, I never do what I'm told and ALWAYS learn the hard way :wink:
    I've been a little careful of the sun. That for me is actually a miracle as I love the sunshine. I really do Thank you for the advice. X

I feel much better today apart from a hint of a flare. :? I do hope not.
    Started this morning with the ribs of all places. Now my fingers and knees are quietly joining in. Lol. Sneaky things these flare ups.

Thanks again everyone. X
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Tony sorry I am late seeing this but good to see you are a bit better no holding you down..just laze in the sun and get some vit D..hope you continue to feel better..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thank you Barbara hun.
    Xx :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    I never do what I'm told and ALWAYS learn the hard way :wink:

Me too but I learnt that particular lesson before meth. I was on an NSAID, later withdrawn, and, after about 20 mins in the sun, spent the entire night with my arm in a bowl of cold water. Not good.

I hope it's not a flare. Just what you don't need.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks again sticky :wink:
    I'm struggling to sleep at the minute. Throw all the ammunition at the pain but no relief yet. I'm banking on being so exhausted I won't have any choice but to sleep lol.
    I won't be venturing away from the hotel tomorrow me thinks. The cold or whatever it was has gone so I think the heated jacuzzi has my name written all over it haha.

I'm gonna try once more to sleep so will bid you all a beunos noches y asta magnana.

:):D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP