Pet therapy

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 27. Jun 2014, 07:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have a gorgeous teddy bear dog who has just turned 6. He's a toy poodle but a big fat lump who is very fluffy. :lol:

I got him when he was a pup and had originally gone to the breeder to look at another puppy but when I got there, Oscar chose me. He jumped on my lap; snuggled in and stole my heart. He's been such wonderful therapy for me and we have a very special bond. When I'm feeling poorly, he curls up next to me for a cuddle and often joins me for a snuggle during nap time.

I'd love to hear other people's pet stories please.

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,945
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Sophie and Oscar
    my sister Sue and i have mobility scoota's and 2 mini dachshunds when we take them for a walk they get on the scoota's and ride and walk when they want to we take them to the fields so they enjoy a good run.one is 3 and the other 5 months
    the 2 dacs before them lived to 14 and 16
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    We used to have a rather fastidious Siamese cat who shunned anyone wearing perfume but loved to snooze in my son's cricket bag among the sweaty shirts, trousers, jockstraps etc.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    hi starburst
    I have a Staff cross who knows when I'm unhappy and maybe in pain and will spend ages sitting right up beside me.
    I also have a cousin who has a 17v year old daughter with cerebal palsey and they have a yellow lab who is a pets as therapy dog when she had him at age 10 she was in a wheelchair quite a lot of the time he managed to get herb out of that and walking he is marvellous.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I wanted Oscar to be a pet therapy dog but he's a little on the naughty side so I decided against it. :roll: He's my therapy dog though!
  • LisaW
    LisaW Bots Posts: 37
    Options
    Hello all,

I really do believe our pets empathise and have a 6th sense about their owners pain. My cat Maurice just sits either next to me or on my lap and just purrs away. On rough days I find this 'love' helpful and helps me to focus on his company rather than the pain. Normally, he isn't a particularly affectionate cat. He is more of an observer:) and likes to hang-out in the tub :lol:

So, I really do think it is his way of saying I am here for you. It will get better soon.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    As you all know I have the rugrats Arnie & Willow, they are both wonderful cats. Arnie is the soft loving one and he can't get enough fuss and cuddles. He loves being held like a baby and having his tummy tickled while like that but I can't do that because he is much to heavy for me to hold him like that so my OH has the enjoyment of doing that. Willow on the other hand is miss independent and loves running about stalking birds in the garden. But when it comes to bed time they both love snuggling up on the bed with you and going to sleep.