Your favourite Chippy - how good is it

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 10. Jun 2014, 10:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
There's a brilliant one in Lytham St Annes, 2nd road back opposite the Pier. The fish are unbelievable, one of the very best Iv'e been to, and it's always packed... a good sign.
It sounds a bit odd, but I always have Gravy on chips and peas, and the peas must not be too green, if you know what I mean.
Fish seems too dear now, puddings are the future....Alanthemanc

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Alan, I know the very chippy, we go to St Annes quite often ..we have an award winning one nearby..Its has a eat in part, we have found out they are not half has good if you bring them home ...suppose its the traveling...
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Alan, how can I judge? I love battered fish but only eat the top layer of batter because I don't appreciate soggy food (especially with attached skin, which is so totally and utterly yuk.) The chips should be crisp and redolent of salt and vinegar but far too often they are droopy and greasy so I only have a handful. Apparently we have a cracking chippy in Aldeburgh but I can only queue for so long . . . . . You can't beat it, though, fish and chips is a classic English dish, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    We're blessed with quite a few good ones round here.

My strangest one was in Liverpool. The amount of chips per serving would have kept a family of four happy for the rest of the day.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Some friends of mine have converted a Route Master double decker London bus, into a mobile fish and chip shop! It's fantastic. They serve through a window and there is seating upstairs, which unfortunately I can't manage :roll:
    They park just across the road from me on Saturday afternoon/evening, so it's very convenient :wink:
    They take it to various shows and have even catered at weddings!
    The fish and chips are great too 8)
    Numpty
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    numpty
    Wow that sounds rather cool.
    Lancashire Cricket legend Jack Simmons took Dickie Bird to a chippy in Ramsbottom, and got Pudding Chips Peas....... with a Fish on top. Poor old Dickie nearly had a heart attack.