Recipe wanted

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 11. Jun 2014, 14:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
Anyone got a very easy recipe for ratatouille or should I just chuck every thing in.Looked on the internet they've all got stuff in I just wouldn't use otherwise.

Like your take on fish cakes Sticky. Mig

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mig I would jut chuck in what you like as long as you have the basics, olive oil, garlic onions, tomatoes seasoning and whatever veg you like, aubergines and courgettes are not to everyone's liking. I experiment all the time(used to) I would take a recipe and put my own slant on it. Good luck ................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I hesitated to answer this because I rarely make it these days and when I think of making it I tend to decide to go the whole hog and do a veggie lasagne.

In the days when I did a kind of ratatouille, mine was like Marie's - chuck in whatever's there in the Med veg line. I love aubergines and courgettes so no problems there.

When in doubt I tend to go to the BBC site. Usually a choice of reliable recipes from accredited cooks.

When are you doing it? I'll bring a bottle of cabernet or merlot. Your choice.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    I do it by roasting all the vegetables separately and then combine them. They retain their individual flavours, plus you get the lovely roasted taste too. I do a tray of tomatoes with some un peeled garlic which I squidge in at the end. The rest of the veg gets roasted at the same time, but on two different trays - one with onion and peppers and one with courgette and aubergine. All of the veg get a good drizzle of olive oil before they go into the oven. When I combine them all I normally lob some basil in too.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    In the end just chucked it in a pan and crossed fingers,turned out edible ,we had grilled gammon and new potatoes with it,sorry Sticky it's all gone. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    mig wrote:
    ,sorry Sticky it's all gone. Mig

:shock: Call yourself a mate :roll: You've no chance of getting those pics of the Lycra de France now :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright