I've rung Rheumatology.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 12. Jun 2014, 11:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
I went to see one of the nurses on 02 June and she said she would fax my humira prescription to HaH that afternoon. Come today I still hadn't heard from HaH so I rang them and got through indecently quickly. :shock: Apparently they have not received the prescription from my hospital so I rang the Rheumatology Helpline and left a polite message asking them to investigate and expedite. I wonder if anyone will ring back within the forty-eight hours that they say they will? Probably not. I should have injected last Friday but had none left. My feeling is I won't be able to arrange a delivery for this week so that will mean a month without. I am feeling rough at the moment, I wonder if the lack of humira is the cause? The PsA is undoubtedly having a bite, this may be why. No matter, it is what it is and it will do what it will do.

Je suis peeved. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    On the contrary, DD, it does matter. You are flaring and you've not been able to take your humira. There is not necessarily a connection but the likelihood is that it is a factor if not the entire cause.

I am angry on your behalf and also on behalf of the NHS. How much is this poor service actually costing the NHS in terms of flares? It's not good enough - for you, for everyone else or for the financially-struggling NHS.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    This is just not right don't all these people realise how they are screwing with people's lives.
    I had to send numerous emails before I got a call from them,hope you get sorted soon.Mig

P.s. As Sticky says it does matter it matters a whole lot.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Update

HaH contacted her to say they'd found the prescription (Eureka!) and it was due to be delivered on 20th :shock: They then said, in the circumstances, they'd better deliver it this week so it will be Friday. I predict a long three days. ((((()))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    When the NHS gets it wrong it does so big time. So sorry to hear this hope Friday comes quickly for you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    Options
    Sadly it seems to be an ongoing saga with H@H.

I've no Enbrel left, 'objection' due on Saturday. Last time this happened my Biologics Nurse was one hundred per cent helpful. Left a message for her at 9.30. today - by 10.a.m. H@H called with a delivery date for this Friday.

Non delivery is not a life threatening situation for me or indeed any of us on biologics but it is for my friend who has leukaemia.

When, oh when are they going to get all their chairs in order !!

Continually miffed !!
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,945
    Options
    Hello DD
    i hope they ring you back soon you have so much to put up with you dont need that as well.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Think they are needing to get shot of this lot in some areas, you shouldn't have to be made to suffer in this way, would cross my fingers if I could that you get your delivery on Friday (((())))xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    So, HaH strikes again!
    It really is too bad of them. DD, I know you could well do without this added stress, to say nothing of the pain. (((())))

I was down to my last Meth injection and had heard nothing from HaH again. So I rang them (they had ignored several emails) I was on hold for an hour but did get through, and my delivery was booked and it did get here in time this time. But.... there were no needles in the box, and as this has happened before, I had no spares. So back on the phone, 45 minutes on hold this time, I was told the needles would be posted to me, and be here by the end of the week. A week later they still weren't here, (I'd missed a dose of Meth) so I rang again, 50 minutes on hold this time.
    I was informed the needles were due to be sent out in July!!! The very nice man said to leave it with him and he'd sort it. Which I did, and he did. The needles arrived in the post the very next morning.

Good luck DD
    Numpty
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Oh my dearest DD..
    I do hope that all gets sorted and quickly.
    I leave another abundance of YBH's for my lovely pal.
    Xxxxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi,

I'm so sorry to read you are still struggling to get your meds sent out on time DD :(
    Its disgusting in my opinion & that ure flaring just makes it more so!! :?

((((Hugs))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    This is appalling DD. It's bad enough you have your health issues to deal with on a daily basis but then you add in this un-necessary stress and that's not going to help at all. I would suggest contacting your GP but I suspect I know the answer ...

I hope you get things sorted as quickly and as easily as possible.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My GP is powerless, Grace, because this is not under his aegis. I'm not that fussed, for me the big test will come tomorrow - will it turn up? Who knows? :lol: Oddly enough my money is on 'yes'. :o

I am wearing a dent into the sofa. I should move to another seat but the required effort is currently beyond me. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles