Update and a pocket request please

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 16. Jun 2014, 13:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Some of you know that I have been battling stomach pains and vomiting since September 2013. It was thought to be anti-TNF related but I've stopped Cimzia and switched to Humira with no change in symptoms.

I saw a gastroenterologist today and given I've had a normal colonoscopy and endoscopy, he suggested 3 possible causes; either a benign tumour in the brain, strictures in the small bowel caused by inflammatory bowel disease (I have a family history) or something non-mechanical that I am "unfortunately, just going to have to live with". :shock:

I'm having a contrast MRI of my abdomen next Tuesday (17th) at 1 pm and would very much appreciate any pocket riders - please and thank you in advance. I am nervous about drinking the contrast, not least because I have not kept down a large amount of fluid drunk in a short space of time for months and months!

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'll be with you Starburst :D
    I hope all goes well and you get some answers.
    Take care, (((())))
    Numpty
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I'll be there, too. I hope that everything goes well for you. Take care.

Meg
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Pop me in your pocket too. Hope it goes well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Count me in Starburst,hopping all will go well MArrianne xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I'm in. My commiserations over the liquid intake thing which is bad enough at the best of times. I just poured myself a mug every half hour and sipped as and when. I hope it goes well for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    I'll be there, hope it gets you some answers.

Deb x
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,131
    Options
    Very very good luck indeed to you with all this & do hope it all helps. x
  • Starburst
    Options
    I really appreciate your support. I am a bit thrown and a little upset to be honest. I feel he was a bit...erm...forthright. Despite that, I am determined to deal with this and be as fit and healthy as I can when I start my new job which will be VERY soon! :)
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Count me in too Sophie, of course you will deal with it because that is the type of tough wee cookie you are. As always you know we are all behind you......................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Options
    I'm not feeling very tough; I am weak and a bit miserable. I'm hoping that a good sleep tonight will give me some strength for tomorrow. I have to fill in a very long and complicated occupational health form for the new job!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My apologies for being AWOL for this, Sophie, I'm going through a rough patch. Hmmm, well at least things are being investigated and that has to be a good thing. I haven't had to do the drinking thing (yet) but Mr DD did and it was hard work.

Of course you're feeling 'unsettled' - who wouldn't be? Good luck with the form-filling, such a dull thing to have to do. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Options
    Tomorrow is the big day. :? I'm taking the fluffy one to the vet for in the morning and have planned some TV time to keep my mind occupied. I have to get up early to eat and then nothing until after the scan. Fingers crossed that breakfast stays down or else I'll be grouchy!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm dealing with a flare at the mo but, by hook or by crook, I will be in your pocket: please may I have one all to myself? I am a restless being and don't wish to annoy your other pocket dwellers. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben