Physio appointment, swings and roundabouts

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 11. Jun 2014, 14:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well the good news is that I am getting back more flexibility in my neck. However as I thought the reduced movement in my left shoulder and muscle weakness in my left arm and hand is making a return. He gave me some exercises to do to try and remedy the situation and will check again on my next appointment. He thinks that the likeliest cause is that as I am getting back more movement in my neck so the OA in my neck has started to put more pressure on my spinal cord again. He also told me that if it gets significantly worse before my next hospital appointment then I need to contact them. All a bit worrying again. Fingers crossed the exercises help and it doesn't get worse. I must admit the whole spinal cord thing is a bit frightening.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Of course it is and no wonder. All we can do is our best to make things as good as possible; some guarantees would be appreciated but the 'wonderful' world of arthritis does not offer that possibility. It's not easy. :( Grrrrrrr. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I can only echo what DD has said. Yes, spinal areas must be scary. At least you have a plan (exercises) and a Plan B (get back to them). I hope the exercises work.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Thank you both.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich