Some Good News

Options
Sarah01
Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
edited 12. Jun 2014, 14:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is well and enjoying this lovely weather :)

Just wanted to update you all on the ongoing saga to get the knee brace fitted. Got home from work today to find a letter from my local hospital. I have an appointment with the orthotics department on the 3rd July :D

And the good news is that I don't need to be referred to a surgeon at the local hospital. I'm not sure if this is because of my surgeon or the email I sent to PALS but whatever the reason I am one happy bunny :)

Sarah x

Comments

• marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sarah ,Good news in deed we all need red letter days please keep us posted hugs Marrianne x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good news Sarah, I hope it all goes to plan for you and more to the point the brace helps that knee..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Still 2-3 weeks off but better than originally thought. I hope it goes well, Sarah, and I hope the interim period does too.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    That's really good to hear. I'm sure that after the time you've had to wait so far the next couple of weeks will go quickly
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    That's good news. I read a previous thread of yours and I'm sorry you've had a wait but at least you have a date now. :) I find that these things are a bit easier to deal with when the end is in sight.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That's more positive - hurrah! Take things gently until then and I hope it helps matters. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Good luck with it Sarah
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

It's been a long time coming but feeling a lot more positive now :D

Also had even more good news today, went to THR class today and the physio said I am now 99% back to normal with my walking and I'm coming on in leaps and bounds. I don't need to see him anymore.

He spoke to another of his colleagues who runs a hip and knee class for patients who have had replacements and he has agreed to take me on to help with the knee until I get the knee brace and see the surgeon.

Sarah x
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    That's wonderful. Must make you feel much more positive and goid that you will get some help while waiting for your brace.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich